Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How big was your DC at 12-13 months? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169505)

MollyJones 06-19-2007 08:14 PM

How big was your DC at 12-13 months?

Just trying to figure out what's normal...

Please specify if your DC was still BF'd & whether they are a boy or a girl.

My DS is 17.5 pounds at a year... and 6-12 month pants still just slip right down on his hips... He is still BF'd about 3x/day.

He hasn't been on the "normal" charts since he was about 6 months old... and has been about the 5%-10% on the breastfed charts... now I don't even know if he's on those ones. He still has that "newborn thinness" to him... never got any rolls or anything. He doesn't even have that cute round baby belly. :cry: I see all these nice rolly chubby babies on here and get concerned... and a little jealous.

He is VERY active... insanely active! But he eats pretty well if we can get him to sit still and do it.

He is going to the doctor in the next couple weeks for his 1 year check up... but just trying to figure out how normal this is. He looks so tiny to me when I see him w/ the other 1 yr olds in the church nursery...

evilynmo 06-19-2007 08:38 PM

Re: How big was your DC at 12-13 months?

I'm not any help. My DD is going to be 11months tomorrow and she weighs 24lbs already. But she is large compared to other babies her age. She was 8lbs 11oz at birth, so she is right on target of tripling her birthweight by 1 year. She was breastfed til she was 8 months old.

MollyJones 06-19-2007 08:39 PM

:anyone:

MollyJones 06-19-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilynmo (Post 1312225)
I'm not any help. My DD is going to be 11months tomorrow and she weighs 24lbs already. But she is large compared to other babies her age. She was 8lbs 11oz at birth, so she is right on target of tripling her birthweight by 1 year.

Well... that is still helpful to me if that is right on target. :goodvibes:

DS was 8lbs 4oz @ birth... he didn't double his birth weight until about 11 months. :headscratch:

ShannaMarie 06-19-2007 08:41 PM

BF'd boy, weighed 21# at 13 months, wearing some 6-12 mos, some 12-18. Are you and his dad small framed? Has he suddenly lost weight? Even though he's on the small end of normal, this may just be normal for him. :goodvibes:

patty_o_furniture 06-19-2007 08:44 PM

My gal just turned 1 and is 16.4 She is in the 3% for weight, but she eats more than my 3 year old!

ferrferr 06-19-2007 08:46 PM

I think my daughter was still in 6-9 month clothes, and was 18 or so pounds. She's 2 1/2 now and can wear 18 month shorts OVER her medium BSWW and premium prefold. I think her 2T clothes I got this last winter will still fit her this coming winter unless some amazing magical growth happens between now and then. :p

My boyfriend affectionately called her "undergrown" in the past when I would call her a midget. :giggle:

(She was a formula baby though - so I don't know if that make a difference)

momma2two 06-19-2007 08:47 PM

My little guy will be 1 tomorrow. He was 8.7 at birth, he hasnt been to the doc. for his 1 year yet, but at the WIC office the other day he weighted 22.8 His clothes, he wears 12-18 month shirts and 18-24 month pants

ocfb16 06-19-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patty_o_furniture (Post 1312266)
My gal just turned 1 and is 16.4 She is in the 3% for weight, but she eats more than my 3 year old!

That's about the same for me. My dd was barely 16 lbs at a year and she ate as much as I did. :giggle: She is almost 2 now and still 21lbs. She looks perfectly healthy to me though. :goodvibes:

MollyJones 06-19-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannaMarie (Post 1312248)
BF'd boy, weighed 21# at 13 months, wearing some 6-12 mos, some 12-18. Are you and his dad small framed? Has he suddenly lost weight? Even though he's on the small end of normal, this may just be normal for him. :goodvibes:

No, DS hasn't lost weight. He's thinned out from walking, but the scale # hasn't gone down. Maybe gotten taller? I dunno...

My entire side of the family is very tiny. Before I got pregnant, I was always a 0,1,2 in clothes and underweight myself, but I ate like a little piggy.

Those days are gone now... but that is another topic. :spit: I was a big baby, though. And so was DH. But DH is a thin thin guy. So possible that he's just small...

Most of the tiny babies in this thread are girls... and according to the charts, girl babies are usually a little smaller than boys... any boys this small?

I worked a day care while I was pregnant... and our tiniest baby boy was 17 lbs @ 10 months and we couldn't believe how tiny he was. I never expected my guy to be smaller than him! I was sure I'd have a chunker! lol :laugh: