Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170499)

9800Emily 06-21-2007 09:50 AM

Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
Poor dd has another sinus, double ear infection, with a possible respiratory infection. Everything starts with allergies and then escalates from there. She has been on claritin, but it doesn't completely take care of her allergies. She cannot seem to clear the drainage that the allergies cause. I'm not thrilled about having to give her a daily med either. This is her fourth sinus/double ear infection since March. I'm so tired of her having to be on antibiotics, motrin, Tylenol, claritin. There just isn't anyway that is good for her. We had a nurse visit and got new antibiotics this morning, but have an appointment with the doctor later today. IMO it is time to see a specialist about this, or do something else to prevent it from happening, but who would we see?

babygirlsmom1005 06-21-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9800Emily (Post 1320979)
Poor dd has another sinus, double ear infection, with a possible respiratory infection. Everything starts with allergies and then escalates from there. She has been on claritin, but it doesn't completely take care of her allergies. She cannot seem to clear the drainage that the allergies cause. I'm not thrilled about having to give her a daily med either. This is her fourth sinus/double ear infection since March. I'm so tired of her having to be on antibiotics, motrin, Tylenol, claritin. There just isn't anyway that is good for her. We had a nurse visit and got new antibiotics this morning, but have an appointment with the doctor later today. IMO it is time to see a specialist about this, or do something else to prevent it from happening, but who would we see?


A ENT??? That's the only person I could think of.....poor Abby I hope she starts to feel better!!!

sistersusannah 06-21-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
You might want to look into her milk/dairy consumption. And if you are nursing, into yours. I know that milk/dairy has tendancy to aggravate the mucas production in the sinuses and it could be contributing factor to your child's infections. Growing up, I had 2 sinus infec. a year, for 10 years! I then had a MW who suggested cutting out dairy to help stem the prob. I quit drinking milk and cut back on my cheese consumption and I have not had a sinus infec. in over 5 years. Who would have thunk it! Hope that helps.

mamandeyuri 06-21-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
I had the same problems. The likley cuprit at this age isn't seasonal allergies. I thought it was but my ds had the same things as your ds, it turned out to be food allergies. Once we eliminated the foods he has been a very healthy child. I took him to a ped. allergist, I tried benadryl and it wasn't cutting it.
Good luck! Hope your ds gets better soon..
PS, my ds had pneumonia and a "cold" all winter....

9800Emily 06-21-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sistersusannah (Post 1321013)
You might want to look into her milk/dairy consumption. And if you are nursing, into yours. I know that milk/dairy has tendancy to aggravate the mucas production in the sinuses and it could be contributing factor to your child's infections. Growing up, I had 2 sinus infec. a year, for 10 years! I then had a MW who suggested cutting out dairy to help stem the prob. I quit drinking milk and cut back on my cheese consumption and I have not had a sinus infec. in over 5 years. Who would have thunk it! Hope that helps.

She is pretty much dairy free and so am I. Only a little cheese and thats just in the last few weeks.

babygirlsmom1005 06-21-2007 10:01 AM

Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
:offtopic_happy: :threadhijacked:
Are you going to the playdate today??

9800Emily 06-21-2007 10:04 AM

Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by babygirlsmom1005 (Post 1321057)
:offtopic_happy: :threadhijacked:
Are you going to the playdate today??

depends, Abby went back to sleep and if she wakes up happy than yes.

babygirlsmom1005 06-21-2007 10:06 AM

Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9800Emily (Post 1321078)
depends, Abby went back to sleep and if she wakes up happy than yes.

LOL - Poor Abby, best to see her as happy Abby!!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors