Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Possibly dumb question about Wahmies pail liners (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17117)

Emma 06-24-2006 01:42 PM

Possibly dumb question about Wahmies pail liners

I finally got a garbage can for dirty diapers last night, and now have a question about putting the liner in. I feel kind of dumb about it b/c I don't know which way is the right way. I assumed that I would put it to where the shiny side of the PUL would be what the diapers touched (the side that does not show the seam). Is that the right way? B/c if I put it in w/the shiny side out, then the little microfiber square is tucked between the liner and the can. Or am I supposed to put it in w/the dull side facing out -- that way doesn't seem right b/c that's the side w/the seam. Am I being an idiot or did the square get sewn in on the wrong side? I tried looking at a photo on the Wahmies site, and I *think* it looks like it's the dull/seam side out, but I photo is really small.

Thanks, ladies!

shandi 06-24-2006 02:07 PM

Re: Possibly dumb question about Wahmies pail liners

:lostit: I had the same problem with mine, wasn't sure which side was which since it was my first pail liner! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :laugh:
The not shiny side is actually the inside, where you put the dipes. This is the side with the seam and hemp patch.
I originally was using it the wrong way, since dh was convinced the shiny side was the inside, but then what would be the point of having the patch on the outside...so I changed it.
Their website is kinda confusing because it says " The shiny side faces the inside of the pail" which could be taken both ways IMO. The pics they have also look like the shiny side is the inside!
I have a couple other pail liners now and they all have the not shiny side on the inside.
HTH!

beenwaitingalongtime 06-24-2006 02:28 PM

Yes, that brand has the knit side being the one you see if you look into your pail, so that when you fold the elastic over the edge of the pail, knit shows instead of shiny. Your hemp is to be in w/ the diapers .

ocfb16 06-24-2006 02:46 PM

I use it with the shiny side showing on the inside? I guess I'm doing it wrong, but it works fine either way. Plus when you fold it over, I like the shiny side to be the material that people see. Why would I not show off the pretty colored side? Oh well, I guess I'll continue to use it wrong b/c it works just the same.

Emma 06-25-2006 07:59 AM

Thanks. :D It just seems kind of weird that you would put dipes in the seam side of it. Wouldn't it stain the dull side of the PUL? It is nice to know I'm not the only one who's had this problem. :)