Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need Potato Recipes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17141)

cblurose 06-24-2006 02:58 PM

Need Potato Recipes

I went crazy and bought 10 lbs. of russet potatoes.
They were only $1.25 per 5 lb. bag so I couldn't resist.
Now I don't think we are going to be able to eat them fast enough.
I usually just make fried potatoes and eggs for breakfast, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes and potato soup. Any other ideas?

stellar225 06-24-2006 03:24 PM

Re: Need Potato Recipes

oh how I love potatoes... esp scalloped potatoes!!

masonite 06-24-2006 03:30 PM

Scrub them really well, and cut them into smallish chunks. Dry them off really well.

Line a cookie sheet with foil and put the potatoes on top. Sprinkle with olive oil and mix with hands until the potatoes are coated. Add seasonings--you can do anything, most recently I just did salt and pepper and a packet of dry Italian seasoning mix. Mix with hands until evenly coated.

Cook in a preheated 450degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, turning once.

My boys gobble these up!

I make a lot of potatoes, so I could probably dig through some recipes.

cblurose 06-24-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellar225
oh how I love potatoes... esp scalloped potatoes!!

too difficult unless you have a easy recipe. i usually just use the box for these. :blush:

cblurose 06-24-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masonite
Scrub them really well, and cut them into smallish chunks. Dry them off really well.

Line a cookie sheet with foil and put the potatoes on top. Sprinkle with olive oil and mix with hands until the potatoes are coated. Add seasonings--you can do anything, most recently I just did salt and pepper and a packet of dry Italian seasoning mix. Mix with hands until evenly coated.

Cook in a preheated 450degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, turning once.

My boys gobble these up!

I make a lot of potatoes, so I could probably dig through some recipes.

ah yes...my grandma gave me this recipe but using that Lipton Onion soup mix. thanks for the idea. :thumbsup:

stellar225 06-24-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblurose
too difficult unless you have a easy recipe. i usually just use the box for these. :blush:

I use the recipe from my America's Test Kitchen cookbook. :) With my food processor it was a cinch. *hugs it*

cblurose 06-24-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

I use the recipe from my America's Test Kitchen cookbook. :) With my food processor it was a cinch. *hugs it*

ah no food processor...yeah that's my excuse. :laugh:

keegans_mommy 06-24-2006 04:03 PM

Carrie-don't stress eating them quickly. I grew up in Idaho where schools got out in September for 2 weeks to harvest potato's. :D My family would ask local farmers if we could glean the fields after the harvesters would dig the potato's, we would pick up what was left and keep them in burlap bags in our basement where it was dark and cool. :) For close to a year they would keep that way. :)

So don't panick and even go get more! :thumbsup:

masonite 06-24-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Lin, where'd you get that cookbook?

I watched ATK the other day for the first time, and have been pouring over their online recipes. I'm loving it. Did you just order it online, or buy it in a bookstore?

I want one so bad. Oh, and I want a food processor too. Maybe for Christmas?

stellar225 06-26-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masonite
Lin, where'd you get that cookbook?

I watched ATK the other day for the first time, and have been pouring over their online recipes. I'm loving it. Did you just order it online, or buy it in a bookstore?

I want one so bad. Oh, and I want a food processor too. Maybe for Christmas?

Oops - I thought I replied to this. der. Isn't it AWESOME? Okay, this is bizarre...I ordered it from Amazon when I was ordering Christmas stuff to reach the free shipping amount...only they must not carry anything by them anymore b/c it's totally gone from my order history and nothing's coming up on a search. I know they have them at Barnes & Noble too. Anyway...I have the Family one, in a red binder. My friend Courtney has the "Best" one, which I really want, b/c she says if I like the family one I'll LOVE the best one. :mrgreen:

The only reason I have a food processor is we were at Lowe's pricing appliances for the new house and I saw it sitting on the discount table. It has all the parts, just no manual -- it was a floor model. I got it for 60% off. :goodvibes: I use it ALL the time, including to make K's baby food.