Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WHY do mamas sell items for double or more than they paid? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1722)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 04-26-2006 11:30 PM

WHY do mamas sell items for double or more than they paid?

I am feeling so sick, i wont say who but another ds mama has listed some diapers fs and is selling for ALOT more than she got them for, why can't some mamas just give the great deal they got from others to eachother. I am so irritated right now. i understand some may think, well it doesnt belong to you anymore, but at the same time, they're getting money that YOU couldve charged them to begin with, yet they GOT a deal..UGH:mad:

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 04-26-2006 11:33 PM

Re: WHY do mamas sell items for double or more than they paid?

I don't understand it all.. but just wanted to offer my HUGS!

<<<<sweetfantasyfox>>>>>>>>>>>>

mamas120 04-26-2006 11:33 PM

I don't know why they do this. I mean I wouldn't do that, all the deals I get I am so happy to be getting and love to be able to pass things on for a great price. I wouldn't feel right knowing I was asking for more than I paid. But I also can't get upset when someone does sell it b/c I guess it is theirs now and they can do what they want, in my opinion its a matter of values and shows the type of person someone is when they try to take advantage of a good deal.

ltelly00 04-26-2006 11:39 PM

I think that's totally rude! I would sell things that were gifted FFS, just because of needing to not lose the money out of pocket, but knowing others need stuff more than I do. A lot of what I got was FFS or almost FFS and I honestly don't remember what I got FFS or on ebay or anything else. In that case, I may flub up and charge like $4 or $5 on something that cost me $2 or $3 and vice cersa, just by looking at what's selling and how good of shape.
It sounds to me like you're talking about someone intenetionally selling for a profit and that just rubs me the wrong way. It's one of those things that makes you wonder about people. Why would you try to screw your friends> KWIM?

Samantha 04-27-2006 12:00 AM

Maybe I am just *weird* but I always remember what brand things are and remember what I paid for them :o

That being said I NEVER charge more for something than what I paid.

IMHO if you get a good deal, you pass that good deal along.

Maybe the person you are talking about doesnt remember what she paid for the item and is just selling it for what the going rate for that item is?

Either way, there is a thing called Karma and it will come back to her if she is selling them for more than she paid on purpose.

mtietz 04-27-2006 06:33 AM

Did you try sending her a friendly PM? I know that up until recently I couldn't understand selling for more than you paid because I *used* to keep very careful records of what I paid. Then when we started buying fitteds, I went a little nuts and also stopped keeping good records . . . If I had listed something for more than I paid, I would definitely want the person I bought from to remind me . . .

I do think it is bad karma . . . not just bad diaper karma, but bad karma in general!

FitMommyOf2 04-27-2006 06:41 AM

Quote:

Maybe the person you are talking about doesnt remember what she paid for the item and is just selling it for what the going rate for that item is?

Either way, there is a thing called Karma and it will come back to her if she is selling them for more than she paid on purpose.
^yeahthat^
I know I have a hard time sometimes remembering what I paid if it's been a while that I had the dipe and often don't even remember anymore from whom I bought it. (Is it a sign that I buy too many? LOL)

I'd honestly PM her, Sally, just a friendly note and maybe she'll be glad that you did and correct her prices!?

(((Hugs)))

imommy 04-27-2006 06:57 AM

Yeah that too! Alot of times I don't remember what I bought them for but try to come close at least. Maybe she forgot? Or was it a recent purchase?

ocfb16 04-27-2006 07:02 AM

People always try and talk my prices down and me being the nice person I am cannot turn it down. So if I buy something from another momma I will up it just a bit so when they talk me down I am not losing a lot. I dont know if that makes sense.

kugrinic 04-27-2006 07:04 AM

:dunno: I guess a PM stating what you sold them for to her wouldnt be a bad idea. I bet the other gals are right, maybe she forgot. She really might appreciate knowing, but I believe too that we shouldnt overcharge or make profit off eachother like that. Its one thing if you honestly forget, its another if you are making :2cents: on eachother like that.

:hugs: