Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Am I asking too much? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17269)

upstategirl 06-25-2006 05:41 AM

Am I asking too much?

I just got two new FB in April or May. I'm thinking more May because I used our tax return. I paid 14.95 each. I'm selling them because I really don't like them. If it's a pocket I rather have velcro. I'm asking 13 ppd as they are in good shape. No tears, holes, missing snaps, or snaps that don't work. The only thing is that it did have some light stains but, a day of sunning took care of that. Depending on how you ship it could be from 2 to 4 something. So, your really only paying between 9 and 11 diapers for the diaper itself. It even comes with a microfiber insert. So, is 13 ppd too much? I'm sorry that I'm venting a little.

cblurose 06-25-2006 05:51 AM

Re: Am I asking too much?

Maybe try $12?!?! or you could always do $10 plus shipping.

momof4 06-25-2006 07:04 AM

If nobody's buying, then I guess you have to assume you're asking more than people on ds will pay. I don't pay that much, even for a lightly used FB. But you often will get more on eBay than here. Good luck!

Hillbilly Bunny 06-25-2006 07:05 AM

So it's 13pp each? You can get brand new for 13-15 with free shipping. Since they have stains, I'd probably sell them for 10pp or less.

I have problems with stain though. LOL

gr33nie 06-25-2006 07:28 AM

Just to give you an idea, I sold a few FB here for $12 that were only used a couple of times. They really looked just like new. No insert but I did include shipping and a DC. I think that once something has been used for a month or so it should go down to about 9 or 10 $ depending on the condition of the dipe, shipping/insert etc.

You COULD get more on e-bay but you have to pay fees there so I actually prefer to sell stuff here even if it's for a little less. Plus here you can ask people to send you funded paypal and I find on e-bay I often have to deal with a cc payments so you pay more fees that way too.

just my:2cents:

momto2sweeties 06-25-2006 07:57 AM

Like previous posters said, I would say $11 is about average for a used fuzzi bunz around here. You could get a little more than that on ebay, but after paying your fees, it would be about the same. The inserts really add to the shipping cost, you could sell them without inserts and your shipping would be about a dollar. Hope that helps.

SarahJane 06-25-2006 08:47 AM

I've sold FB's for 10 that were only used for 4 weeks. If I include an insert I ask for 11. You can get them new, free shipping for 14.50, so I think most who buy used expect a deal. HTH. The shipping isn't as much as you think by the way. The most I've paid was 4 for 6 diapers and inserts. I stopped selling them that way because it cost too much to ship.

Mine sell quickly too. Which is kind of nice if you aren't really using them.

LuAnn 06-25-2006 10:54 AM

Yeah I would never pay 13 for a used, but thats me, I wont pay more than 10 because I can buy BRAND NEW in whatever color I want for less than 15 without shipping.
LuAnn

beenwaitingalongtime 06-25-2006 11:02 AM

If you ship 1st class (in US), a sm. FB w/MOE insert (for example) weighs 3 oz. and costs .87. If you do a PP shipping label, include your pkging and it's $1.11+.14 DC==Shipping's $1.25. That help lower your price at all? Lots of ladies just bought brand new 2nds from FB for $10 ea., so a $13 diaper w/ a $1 microtowel isn't a huge draw, KWIM? Good luck!

SheilaJoy 06-25-2006 11:55 AM

Yeah I would say $13 is too much for a stained dipe. I sold all my fb, some here and some on ebay. You can get more if you sell them on ebay, but it's a PITB, plus you have to pay fees. On here, you probably won't get more than $10ppd.