Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Counting Question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17293)

akrab 06-25-2006 10:14 AM

Counting Question

OK I know when counting cycle days you count the day of AF as one.... so I O'd I believe on the 14th day going by cf and other symptoms ( I am not charting or using any pee sticks) I just mark day of AF count the days and mark the sex days... anyways so if I did O on the 14th day (June 17th) do I count that day as day 1? or do I count the next day as day 1... am I 8 dpo or 9dpo.... AF should be here July 1st if I have another 28 day cycle.... so 6 more days to go UGH

Lisa-Rachelle 06-25-2006 10:37 AM

Re: Counting Question

The day AFTER you ovulate would be 1DPO. At least that is how I learned to understand it, and how I always marked it on my chart when I was actively charting.

akrab 06-25-2006 10:41 AM

OK thanks :thumbsup: it has been soooo long since I charted that I forgot a lot of it LOL I dont want to chart again but I do want to keep track of basic things :mrgreen:
So I am 8dpo.... when would I be able to test and get an accurate result?

Lisa-Rachelle 06-25-2006 10:44 AM

Well, depending on the sensativity of the test you use, you could theoretically get an accurate result as early as 10DPO.

But, most tests will also tell you (in small print of course) that it is best to wait until at least 14DPO for the best results.

I have a list someplace of the sensitivity of pregnancy tests and which are most likely to pick up even the smallest traces of hcg (pregnancy hormone). I could look and see what one to recommend if you are wanting to test early.

akrab 06-25-2006 10:55 AM

I think I will just wait till next weekend :thumbsup: it hasnt happened yet so I am not holding my breath LOL

Lisa-Rachelle 06-25-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrab
I think I will just wait till next weekend :thumbsup: it hasnt happened yet so I am not holding my breath LOL

Gosh, I remember that feeling! Why is it no one ever tells us how hard trying to get pregnant can be? Boy, I should have had stock in Prozac while I was TTC (lol)

Good luck testing next weekend! Hopefully you will get that positive result!

akrab 06-25-2006 11:09 AM

LOL

Thanks.

If I am not it is ok... we arent trying but we arent not trying either.... right now I am on the fence as to if I want to be PG or not LOL of course I also have a cranky 1 1/2 year old fussing at me all morning LOL

raversangel 06-25-2006 09:47 PM

www.peeonastick.com has a list of tests and sensitivity, it also has pics of positive results so you can see the whole spectrum :thumbsup: