Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nursing while PG? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17401)

Five Green Beans 06-25-2006 06:12 PM

Nursing while PG?

wondering who all is Nursing while PG, or who has in the past.

HeidiMarie 06-25-2006 06:16 PM

Re: Nursing while PG?

me!! I am currently nursing #4 (17 mo) while pregnant with #5, but have nursed through all of my pregnancies. I nursed through my entire second pregnancy and then nursed them both until the older one got hand, foot and mouth disease and that pretty much ended her nursing since I didn't want my newborn to get it! The 3rd and 4th pregnancies I nursed only part way through. One weaned on her own and the other I found was just too painful!

lovemybabies 06-25-2006 06:33 PM

I voted other. I did nurse for a couple of months while I was pregnant. But I had to wean when DD was 7 months. I have a history of PTL and my docs reccommended that I wean (because nursing can sometimes stimulate contractions). If DD1 had not been a preemie I would have nursed the whole time.

Psychomom 06-25-2006 06:45 PM

I voted "currently nursing while pg" but my son is slowly weaning and might nurse once every other night or every two nights.

Five Green Beans 06-25-2006 06:45 PM

I'm roughly 7 wks (i have another us monday so im hoping we get a better estimation and look at things then) I havent had any issues as of yet other than I do seem to be leaking more than usual. at what poing did nursing become painful and did it last througout? My dd is only 10 mts so I'm hoping I can contiune atleast through my pregnancy I dont think I will be able to go beyond that.

Five Green Beans 06-25-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemybabies
I voted other. I did nurse for a couple of months while I was pregnant. But I had to wean when DD was 7 months. I have a history of PTL and my docs reccommended that I wean (because nursing can sometimes stimulate contractions). If DD1 had not been a preemie I would have nursed the whole time.

I fear dr's will tell me the same I just didnt anticipate getting pg so soon as ttc in the past took 4ever. my dd will be arounf 18 mts and IMO that is too soon to wean

Proverbs169 06-25-2006 06:58 PM

I nursed both baby one and baby two while pregnant, both times for about 5 months. The pain was so bad I had to stop... that and I just don't think tandem nursing is for me. I nursed each baby 13 months and plan to nurse K a while longer :)

hacandsac 06-25-2006 07:26 PM

I'm 21wks. pregnant and still nursing DS who is 2yrs. I'm planing on tandem nursing.

cblurose 06-25-2006 07:26 PM

I'm 23 weeks pregnant I think :blush: and nursing my almost 19 month old. We are down to only once a day though.:cry:

Shannon 06-25-2006 07:28 PM

I voted other since I don't get Af back until I quit nursing...so it hasn't been an issue/option.