Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWYD? Sell dipes or save to use later? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17482)

aimeemarie 06-26-2006 07:53 AM

WWYD? Sell dipes or save to use later?

This is totally hypothetical as we aren't pregnant again...but dd right now has 21 Medium Fb's, we have been using them for a month on the tightest setting and I am sure she will be in these for a long, long time. We plan to have another dc when Alex is 2 or 3...so my question is do you think I'd be better off selling her Mediums on FSOT and buying new Mediums for DC#2? I just wonder if this stash is going to be in the best condition in (at a minimum) 2 yrs.

Irishmommy 06-26-2006 08:01 AM

Re: WWYD? Sell dipes or save to use later?

I think it really depends on how long you use them. I had some large FB that I saved from when my ds was in diapers (5 years ago). I sold them to buy some newborn, but I very well could have saved them for my dd. I kept my diapers in a plastic tub in the garage (in the TX heat) and they didn't have ANY damage whatsoever. So, I think it is really up to you. I would probably keep the ones I really like and sell the rest.

aimeemarie 06-26-2006 08:03 AM

I also wonder...what's going to be new in the world of pocket diapers in 2 years? Am I going to want my 21 Fuzzi Bunz that I've saved? I wouldn't think I'd be able to sell them at THAT point...Hmm.

Irishmommy 06-26-2006 08:19 AM

Good point! I ventured beyond FB with my second. Also, I would have gotten LOTS more for them had I sold them when we were finished CDing my son. Just think of the money you could make selling them on ebay! You might have $$ for a whole new stash!

FitMommyOf2 06-26-2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmommy
Good point! I ventured beyond FB with my second. Also, I would have gotten LOTS more for them had I sold them when we were finished CDing my son. Just think of the money you could make selling them on ebay! You might have $$ for a whole new stash!

:yeahthat: But I'm personally not a 'horder' anyhow, if we're done w/a size, out it goes for sale. :giggle:

My2punkins 06-26-2006 09:13 AM

We are in the same position and many of our dipes are girly so will be sold if we have a boy next. If there's something I can't use now I sell it. If I really love it, I put it away for the next dc whether its girly or not. I'm sure you're right that there will be more modern "better" dipes in the future, I never really thought about that. It just seems like there will be more of a savings if I keep the dipes I love now to use with #2 baby and if we don't have a girl next I would sell the girly faves to buy new ones for dc #2 (b/c that will be it for us!!) Hopefully in 2 yrs or so they will still be worth something :)

momovthree 06-26-2006 09:20 AM

I'm thinking the same thing right now. Not sure if I should hold onto dipes or not. We're mostly sure there will be no more kids but not 100% positive. On the one hand it would be saving money to keep them BUT I figure I could sell them for a ton more money now. If I hold on to them 3 years, who is going to be willing to pay much for dipes that are that old? And I'm sure I would want to try whatever is *new* if we did decide to have another baby a few years from now.

marelle4381 06-26-2006 09:26 AM

I'm keeping mine for my next kids.

masonite 06-26-2006 09:29 AM

I've thought about this alot, even though another baby isn't in the plans right now, it might be someday in the future.

I think for me, to make the most out of my "investment", I'm going to sell off my stash when Camden is done with it. I don't know what the "new" cool diaper will be when I have another baby. I know that my FB's will have an okay value when I'm done with them, but might not by the time I use them on another baby.

So, once Cam is done, I'm going to sell off what I've got, and start over with another baby. Especially since it won't be anytime soon (another baby), so I'd want someone to get good use out of them while they are still good!

:thumbsup:

offlikeapromdress 06-26-2006 09:32 AM

I plan on saving all my dipes with the exception that I sold some of the girly ones.