Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Entertaining a 5mo? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17595)

mrsott 06-26-2006 02:35 PM

Entertaining a 5mo?

I have sooso much stuff to do today!! And i have a teething 5mo girl who wants to be entertained. I have a sling, but it is so uncomfortable for me (maya wrap) I feel so bad when she is awake just sticking her somewhere, but she is getting tired of her exersaucer.... what do you all do when you have a house full of chores? or any tips on how to carry a baby who doesnt always have full control of her head in a maya wrap?

Watercolor Ponies 06-26-2006 03:26 PM

Re: Entertaining a 5mo?

Get a Mei Tai. Provides two shoulder/waist supported carry, you can put a small infant in a high back carry, it provides head support and you can get stuff done!!:thumbsup: check out www.kozycarrier.homestead.com for all the carries you can do with a MT, and it even shows her putting a tiny infant on her back. hth!!:mrgreen:

mrsott 06-26-2006 05:08 PM

Wow that sling looks amazing!! Pointers as to best place to get one??

CMamma 06-26-2006 05:12 PM

I've been using a wrap & it's so great. I'm working on getting brave enough to put him on my back LOL DH isn't home to help me so I'm scared :giggle:

DS is 5 mos old too & has a cold or something & is already a needy baby to begin w/but today OH MY can't put him down & it makes it hard to do things in front of me while he's being held right there KWIM?

Watercolor Ponies 06-26-2006 05:22 PM

I love me some wraps too, mama!! :laugh: But they do have a little longer learning curve than a MT. you can get a really nice used one from FSOT at www.thebabywearer.com there are lots of different styles of MTs, Kozy is a great one, larger bodied, sturdy, BabyHawks are another one that is a square style, and the come in all sorts of pretty fabrics. You can also check out wraps there (Didys, Storchs being two popular German Style Wovens, and GypsyMama being a great place to get gauze wraps in pretty batiks and dyes) wraps are great and so versitile, you can do just about any carry with them. Really try The Babywearer site, it is fabulous (a bit overwhelming at first, but so is CDing sometimes!!:smiley_haha: )

mrsott 06-26-2006 09:35 PM

sheesh is BWing as involved!?!?! It took me months and months to feel like I actually know a thing or two about CD.... Thanks so much for the tips... any others would be great! I will look into that site...

stellar225 06-26-2006 09:50 PM

my 8mo was in hardcore teething mode last week, so I feel your pain. one day though I put her in the moby wrap b/c she was only happy being held. I was wearing a nursing tank so decided to try nursing in the front hug hold even though we hadn't ever done that before. it ROCKED! she stayed latched on for like half an hour, which is forever these days -- her nursing sessions are uber-efficient 10-minute drive throughs.

I used one of the shoulder straps to hold a frozen washcloth in place when she was finished nursing and she liked being able to chew on it whenever she wanted. In the meantime I got dinner ready for my 4yo and did dishes.