Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My fuzzi bunz always leak! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17600)

bellemay 06-26-2006 01:59 PM

My fuzzi bunz always leak!

They are constanly leaking out of the legs and I have them on the tightest snap (size small). I have washed them in the hottest cycle with no detergent until there were no more suds and I have checked the inserts to see if they were wet and they are soaked. What am I doing wrong? I am tempted to just toss them out the window. My Kushies AIO's work 20x's better and they are 1/3 of the price.

Any suggestions?

littlelady 06-26-2006 02:16 PM

Re: My fuzzi bunz always leak!

What inserts are you using? Do your inserts cover the stride of the diaper fully? Are they repelling? :headscratch:

bellemay 06-26-2006 02:29 PM

I am using Fuzzi Bunz Micro Terry Inserts. They extend to both sides and reach as far up and back as they should. I don;t know what is going on. :banghead:

aimeemarie 06-26-2006 02:40 PM

Does your dc wear a onesie a lot?

masonite 06-26-2006 02:52 PM

:yeahthat:

And, are your inserts wet at all??

bellemay 06-26-2006 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The inserts are very wet when I pull them out. And yes my daughter does wear onsies quite a bit.

aimeemarie 06-26-2006 03:01 PM

Your onesies are wicking pee out of the diaper. Cders generally don't have good luck with onesies....I know once I started I had to go out and size up all her onesies (she's 7 mths and is wearing 12 mth sized ones) and buy a whole bunch of t-shirts. Better luck with tee's and loose onesies with only the middle snap snapped.

masonite 06-26-2006 03:02 PM

The onesie is most likely your problem---especially with leg leaks. I know that a lot of other mama's have had this same problem.

If you want her to keep wearing onesies, you'll probably need to go up a size. Usually the onesie will snap tight over the dipe, causing "gap holes" in the legs, thus causing leaks out the legs. If you get a little bit bigger onesie, you shouldn't have a problem with leg leaks.

HTH!

Adamsmama 06-26-2006 05:54 PM

I was also going to say that I've never had great luck with just one MOE insert. (My kids are both heavy wetters and have been since they were born) I have to usually use one MOE and one Joey Bunz.

MamaLove 06-26-2006 06:01 PM

Fuzzibunz always leaked for us once the CPF insert was soaked, without onesies. I just had to change it before it was soaked, then gave it up and became a wool freak. :lostit: