Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need Hamburger Recipes!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17609)

Tootsiemomma 06-26-2006 02:27 PM

Need Hamburger Recipes!!

I have few ingredients and time so preferrably something quick and easy. I have hamburger meat, potatoes and other veggies, and egg noodles. My poor bf is so sick of me making the same stuff every week so I need something fresh...please help!!

sunshineandlove 06-26-2006 02:47 PM

Re: Need Hamburger Recipes!!

easy stroganoff!
brown the hamburger meat, drain, mix with one can cream of mushroom soup, 1 8 oz container sour cream, a jar of sliced mushrooms (or fresh), salt and pepper and heat till hot. Serve over egg noodles
you can use lower fat soup and sour cream if you like.

Tootsiemomma 06-26-2006 03:22 PM

Well I think I have crm of Mushroom soup but don't have any sour cream....:blush:

CMamma 06-26-2006 03:36 PM

I'd make meatloaf... I used to make it in the crockpot all the time for DH & he loved it. Just mix up the hamburger w/an egg & some breadcrumbs or crumbled crackers is what I usually use... add in some misc spices & salt & pepper maybe some catchup (mine always tastes diff I imagine since I use dif spices... just grab whatever's close). I put that in the crock & surround w/cut veggies... carrotts, onions, tatoes, etc. Pour in some water or brother & just set on low for the day.

Another idea is sort of a DIY hamberger helper. I would brown some burger, drain... put it back in the skillet w/a can of cream of ___ soup... anykind will work. Add some veggies & noodles (uncooked) & a little water or milk & just bring to a boil, then set on low to cook until noodles are tender. Real easy.

You can make shepherd's pie too. Brown the beef... then layer on the bottom of a pan. Add layers of veggies on top like layer peas, green beans, carrots, etc... put some liquid in there - I usually use a can of tomatoes that are diced & the liquid in there is enough... then top with mashed potatoes & put in the oven until potatoes are brown.

Sarah 07-01-2006 03:55 PM

Try porqupine meatballs

Hamburger
2 cups cooked rice
1tbsp dried minced onion
Salt&Pepper
2 cans tomato sauce
2 eggs

Mix the hamburger,rice,onion and salt/pepper and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Shape into balls.
Cover with the tomato sauce and back for about 45 minutes at 375.

Oh it's good,typing the recipe just put porkies on the dinner menu for tonight

Sarah

cblurose 07-02-2006 05:16 AM

I just tried the above recipe a few weeks ago for the first time.
It's soooo yummy. :thumbsup:
Will defintely be making again.

travelinmom 07-18-2006 03:41 PM

Idaho Tacos

Brown a pound of ground beef, season with taco seasoning. Although I don't really like taco seasoning and generally just add some chili powder and onions, garlic, and green peppers chopped. Drain and mix in can o tomato paste.

bake potatoes, I just nuke them for a ew minutes while I'm browning meat.

cut open potatoes and fill with meat, top with cheese, salsa, veggies, whatever you like.

Yummy and very messy.

Julesmom23girls 07-19-2006 08:11 AM

I have no idea what this is called, I think my husband calls it a Boston Sandwich. But brown your GB and add a can of cream of mushroom soup. Serve it like sloppy joes. It is really yummy and very easy. I usually serve it on bread/buns and w/ veggies or salad.