Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Give me the push to go to all fitteds/prefolds.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176708)

Lisa-Rachelle 07-01-2007 01:27 PM

Give me the push to go to all fitteds/prefolds..

I only recently (last month or so) started using fitteds, prefolds and wool. And I really love it. I've been more satisfied with them than I have been in the past 11 months with pockets and AIO's. Its just been much easier, and fairly hassle free. And I really like the breathability of fitteds instead of AIO's or pockets with PUL.

I've thought to myself MANY a time over the past few weeks that I should just go over to fitteds and wool entirely.

But, Im so used to AIO's and pockets that the prospect of selling them off and doing a whole new system is freaking me out a little!

So, mamas that do mostly fitteds/prefolds with wool or covers....SELL ME! Tell me why you love it, and convince me to just bite the bullet.

:blush:

aimeemarie 07-01-2007 01:30 PM

Re: Give me the push to go to all fitteds/prefolds..

Do it and spend the money you earn on something for yourself or a nice baby carrier!

Inkdboy 07-01-2007 01:34 PM

Definetly bite the bullet, with an exception for a couple of aio's and pockets..
All I have is Prefolds..I love the ease of them, washing, fit, everything about them.
There just as easy as an AIO if you trifold and put in a cover..

I only have the 2 of each becuase Dh is unsure of Pf's.. DUNNO why.

I love how clean they get, I have had numerous issues with AIO's they take to long to DRY and I dont think they get as clean so you have major stink issues, which then stinks up your whole stash..YUCK..
So I'm a pf lover and will always be..

daniels_mami 07-01-2007 01:41 PM

I have been doing this for a few weeks now and really I dont want go back to pockets bcuz I have never used AIOs. Prefolds are so simple and easy. I have been meaning to pick up some fitteds for outings but I just hate stuffing pockets and dealing with amonia smells bcuz of them. I really want to sell my FB/SBs but I just cant bcuz what if if I regret it. I say wait a few weeks if you dont use them then go ahead in sell them!

ravenonyx 07-01-2007 02:43 PM

KEEP some of your pockets and AIO's, you may be singing a different tune when it's cold. :) That's why I got a bunch of SB aio's used, for under regular clothes. Fitteds and wool I *love* but no, they are not as trim!

With that said, I do love our fitteds and wool right now :) I like knitted longies but otherwise have gotten completely away from knit, the interlock and felt is rocking my socks off! Esp with a great fitted underneath. We're also doing a lot of coverless days at home for pting and the fitteds are awesome and quick to take off for that.

Thrice Blessed 07-01-2007 02:49 PM

My fitteds and PF's are my favorites-but I have a few pockets and a few AI2's that I enjoy using for a change of pace.:goodvibes:

ashleynjacy 07-01-2007 03:07 PM

I am thinking about doing the same thing.

Mommyof2Princesses 07-01-2007 03:17 PM

I know what it really is, you have some extremely cute diapers in your stash that you know I want to buy. So I'll make it easy on you and take those 2 off your hands then you won't even have to worry about using them.:giggle:
Seriously though I don't do wool or prefolds, but I do fitteds. And I must say I love them. They are so nice for around the house and when we go outside because she can go coverless. I'm sure they work fantastic under wool. But I also don't think you should pressure yourself into only one type of diapers if you aren't ready to let them go. If fitteds/prefolds/ wool work better for you use them. Sell off your aios in segments if you need too, if you have 30, sell them in segments of 10. Do whatever makes you happy!!!!!:goodvibes:

babygirlsmom1005 07-01-2007 03:21 PM

PUSH :giggle: All we have is fitteds, prefolds and wool covers and love it. You don't have to wash the wool cover (unless it gets dirty) every time they wear it, and at the house, I just let my DD run around in a prefold or fitted, and can always tell when she pees :giggle:

bellamama 07-01-2007 03:27 PM

Fitteds are so easy and cute. Although I do love AIOs, they just dont get enough use around here.