Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite system for a newborn? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17679)

Samjm 06-26-2006 04:59 PM

Favorite system for a newborn?

I've never CD'd a newborn before, but it looks like I will be doing this in oh about 8.5 months :laugh: Baby will be exclusively breastfed.

What is YOUR fave system for a newborn?

monkeytoesmama 06-26-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Favorite system for a newborn?

Nanipoos and Muttaqin newborns. I could buy a zillion of those two and just sit and hold them all day. Yeah, I really love them!

Second choice would be prefitteds newborn/infant size.

Adamsmama 06-26-2006 05:57 PM

Well, when I had my first I really loved CPFs with proraps. With my second I tried out a bunch of fitteds and wool. I loved the fit of Kissaluvs (although they only fit for about the first 3 weeks--my son was huge at almost 10 pounds and grew quickly). They did contain bf poo well. FB didn't fit until about week 2 for both of kids. I'm curious at how BumGenius fit on newborns. With our next one I think I will probably do some prefolds and wraps, some fitteds and some pockets.

Hillbilly Bunny 06-26-2006 06:42 PM

Righteous Baby FLAMs, Mutts, and Sandys were my favs. I loved Nikky covers.

SugarBunsWool&More 06-26-2006 07:31 PM

CPF's and covers are the best IMO. They never really wet enough to make the PF icky and the PF contains the poo well. They're easy to wash and sun out the BF poo.
I liked mine. :) They also fit a lot of different sized babies well from what I hear. My DS was/is a skinny boy and he did really well and they also work well for chubby babies too. :)

sunshineandlove 06-26-2006 07:36 PM

I used a combination of infant prefolds and Kissaluv 0s with bummis and prorap newborn covers. That system worked really well for me at first (probably 8-12 weeks). The only thing is I have an aversion to poopy prefolds. I was so thankful for my diaper sprayer!

belladonna 06-26-2006 07:49 PM

I cd'd my last 2 as newborns. My favorites were the fitteds I made like Kissaluvs but with much softer sherpa (anyone else notice how crunchy the real thing got after several washes?!). I liked Nikky wraps the best too, but those Gerber velcro wraps with the gussets were good too, someone gifted me a ton of them, they fit better than Proraps on my tiny girls. I also used adult sized washcloths instead of prefolds for the first couple weeks inside a decent wrap.

Psychomom 06-26-2006 07:56 PM

Congratulations!

I love fitteds for newborns. They did the best job holding in bf poops. I only tried Kissaluvs last time. This time I've got Kissaluvs, Muttaquins, and Snap-EZs.

blondeviolin 06-26-2006 08:05 PM

I'm liking our xsmall FB for our daughter. :goodvibes:

raceNzanesmom 06-26-2006 08:12 PM

I liked having a variety. Preemie prefolds fit my preemie perfect- he was 5.13 when he came home so not tiny- but too tiny for infants. I liked KL 0s too, but MUCH preferred the colors for softness. Now that I know more about CD I'd want to try other NB fitteds too. I liked the ease of pf during the day, they're cheap, you can go through a bunch and not fill the pail, wash and dry easy, make great burp cloths, etc. I had XS FB that did pretty good after the first couple weeks too. They need to fit well or they'll leak BF poo. I prefer soft stretchy covers. Green Earth covers were nice with the cord dip and so much softer than Proraps. Nikkis fit Zane weird, not sure why. I had some tiny wool too that was nice, but bulky. I'd go with shorts/longies instead of wool covers if I had to do it again- at least until he bulked up a bit. Covers with gussets really help hold in the poop.

I love pre-fitteds now, so I bet they would have been great on a NB.

No Mini Shower needed on BF poo. Just toss it in the pail and go.

Congrats!!!!