Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Telling gender by the heartbeat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17695)

Shannon 06-26-2006 05:57 PM

Telling gender by the heartbeat

Do you believe in this? I asked my Dr today when he listened to the baby's hb and he said acually yes, for the most part boys tend to have a lower hb than girls. It's definitly not 100% but....

My mom said she has always known what she was having based on the hb's. My girls were both always in the 165 range. Today was the first time I've heard this baby's and it was 143...which makes me really think it's a boy:lostit: (tryng not to get my hopes up...TOO LATE!) And the Dr acually said that it sounds like a boy's heartbeat to him. Anyone else able to tell by the heartbeats?

absoluteprncss 06-26-2006 06:02 PM

Re: Telling gender by the heartbeat

I hate to be the first to say this, but my son's hb was 160-165 and this babe is around 150, and we just found out that we are having another boy. Some people swear by that method, but our little guys are hyper I guess!

cowmommy 06-26-2006 06:04 PM

My DS had a Girl heartbeat, DD #1 had a Girl heartbeat and DD #2 had a boy heartbeat, so It just depends on the baby IMO not the gender sorry mama:goodvibes: But OF COURSE you'll get your little man....eventually :giggle:

Shannon 06-26-2006 06:06 PM

LOL, sure...depress me, LOL

OMG two weeks it too freakin long to wait. I think I may have an anxiety attack. Maybe I should get off here and sew for awhile to get my mind off of this. I just wanna cry I'm so anxious and nervous. And we are really not wanting to have anymore after this one, so I really don't want to miss out on my little man:(

cowmommy 06-26-2006 06:07 PM

I know what you mean mama :hugs: those little men are special make sure you keep us updated :D

Watercolor Ponies 06-26-2006 07:09 PM

Heartbeat didn't tell it for me, but the first OB I had said that he was of Swedish? descent, and the folklore there was what color the mother's nipples were during pregnancy. He said that when having a boy, mama's nipples are very dark, almost black. When they are pink or light colored, it indicates a girl. Mine were very dark through all 3 of my pregnancies, and guess what? 3 boys! I am sure it is all folklore silliness, but all in good fun!!:laugh:

Fullhouse 06-26-2006 07:28 PM

The only time I remember was with ds2. By heart beat he was a boy per the nurses, but per the ultrasound he was a 100% girl. He is a boy, so I guess the nurses had some basis for the guess even though I told them he was a girl.

SugarBunsWool&More 06-26-2006 07:36 PM

My DS had/has a fast hb. He was a busy boy in utero and now out! He's always going going going. That fast hb keeps him running around like a little bunny rabbit all over my house.
I am so tired from trying to keep up with him and he's not even walking. :ahh:

Lisa-Rachelle 06-26-2006 07:48 PM

There is SOME truth to the tale, but not until late into the third trimester. All babies heartrates vary greatly during the first and second trimesters, ranging anywhere from 140-180 on average, and no connection between gender and heartrate. However, once well into the third trimester (especially as you near delivery) boys tend to be in the low 100's, and girls near or above 140.
Our baby's heartrate changed like the wind. One appointment it was in the 170's, the next the 140's. Never very predictable. Only now with a month to go has her heartrate consistently been about 150 (give or take).

OneFabMama 06-26-2006 07:53 PM

I don't buy it. Riley (my daughter) had a different heartbeat every time I went in. Sometimes it would be 140s sometimes 150s even up in the 160s at times.