Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many diapers for a NB? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17852)

daisybaby 06-27-2006 10:36 AM

How many diapers for a NB?

Here's what I have:

4 Harleyz PUL pockets
5 Snap EZ PUL pockets
4 Kissaluvs 0
1 dz preemie and infant prefolds--but mainly want to use these as backups and inserts for pockets
1 Little Bean PUL AIO
And I'll make a few fleece AIOs

I know I need more, but what and how much? I'm thinking I need more fitteds and some wool and a few Bummis/Pro raps covers. I'm expecting this baby to be about 8- 8 1/2 lbs.

belladonna 06-27-2006 10:43 AM

Re: How many diapers for a NB?

That's a great little stash :) I'd grab a couple wool soakers & 4-6 fitteds. I personally wouldn't buy any newborn wraps, I'd get smalls for that size baby, only my 6-7 lbers could wear newborns.

blondeviolin 06-27-2006 10:48 AM

We have 10 xsmalls that fit her great...I find myself washing those once a day or so so that those are the ones she mostly wears. She's a month old, probably close to ten pounds (if not over ten pounds) and is still on the tighter snaps.

Looks like you could get by just fine with that stash! :)

Hillbilly Bunny 06-27-2006 12:29 PM

I think 36 fitteds is a good number and 6-8 covers. With that stash, I'd probably hold off until your baby is born and then decide what you like and buy more of that ;)

myajdw 06-27-2006 01:35 PM

i haven't cd'ed yet so i'm probably not the best source, but i'd get some infant pf's as well.
this is what i have so far (i'm positive i have enough already but feel like i need more lol)

2 dozen infant pf's
1 dozen preemis pf's
11 fitteds
2 aio's
2 pockets
11 pul covers
1 wool cover
1 wool shortie
1 wool soakers

and expecting 10 more aio's,1 pocket and 1 soaker

that's my newborn size stash...my small stash is slightly different.

cblurose 06-27-2006 08:39 PM

Here is my newborn stash if it might help but I only use prefolds and covers.

fleece liners
assorted doublers
3 small joey bunz
60 infant prefolds (i'm sure there's more stored somewhere LOL)
9 gerber newborn covers
11 newborn proraps
2 preemie proraps
1 newborn wrap up cover
1 newborn IBB (www.ittybittybottoms.com) blue gingham cover
3 newborn MBM (www.mybabymoondiapers.com) blue batik, black/white checked, gecko

myajdw 06-27-2006 08:56 PM

now that's A LOT of covers!!! is that many necessary? do i need to get more?????

Fullhouse 06-27-2006 09:07 PM

I can't imagine you really need more. That's a good start. Plus you will hate a few, and love a few. You'll want to order more after the baby comes.

myajdw 06-27-2006 09:25 PM

okay, thanks andrea i kinda freaked out for a sec there lol. the ones i have so far are: gerber e-z covers, bummis (one snap and one velcro), sweet dreams, one by bluemoon, litewrap i think that's it for the PUL. the wool one is CYA and the others are wahms. i think that gives me a good variety...most are gerbers though.

jamiectw 06-27-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillbilly Bunny
With that stash, I'd probably hold off until your baby is born and then decide what you like and buy more of that ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4littlemonkeys
I can't imagine you really need more. That's a good start. Plus you will hate a few, and love a few. You'll want to order more after the baby comes.

I have to second both of these suggestions! I had way too much in my stash BEFORE dd was born and ended up hating a lot of what I had. I wish I had bought less and just used prefolds with covers until I found what I really liked, but I was just too intimidated with the folding and snappi-ing when I knew I'd be sleep deprived! :thumbsup: Now I'm just holding off until she outgrows her newborn stuff to buy what I like in the small size, no sense investing money in more newborn stuff when she'll be out of it soon.