Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Going out of town CD'ing Q (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17961)

MomsHelpingMoms 06-27-2006 04:27 PM

Going out of town CD'ing Q

I am going to my sil's house this weekend for the holiday and really want to cd. Do you think it is tacky or rude to ask if I can cd at her house? I also want to know if this has ever happened to you, but the person you asked said no. I am kinda sensitive and I don't know what to say if she says I can't.

Bare Bottom Gear 06-27-2006 04:38 PM

Re: Going out of town CD'ing Q

We're leaving to go to the MIL/FIL's home and my father's home. We asked MIL/FIL last night if it was ok. They were fine with it. We are going to be there for 7+ days so obviously we'll need to do wash & don't want them grossed out. They are fine with it (they cd'd their children so it's no new, kwim?).

If you are only going for 2-3 days and you have enough diapers to last just stick them in the wetbag and wash when you get home.

aliks 06-27-2006 04:41 PM

I don't think it's tacky. We're going on a long road trip this summer, if someone says no I'll just take my cute baby to another relatives house to wash :)

SheilaJoy 06-27-2006 04:54 PM

We're leaving this weekend to go to my parents' house for a week, and when I asked my mom she said, "Do you think we used disposables for you?" (they never did)
No, not tacky. People get grossed out, but they forget all kinds of nasty things that go into washing machines.

rowynne 06-27-2006 05:00 PM

I go to my moms for a few days at a time & never thought to ask her...I mean, I didnt ask her if it was okay to use sposies....I took care of them the way she wanted (pee in kitchen can...poop outside can). I just toss the dipes in my wetbag & never hear a word about it. I even washed them there onces.

momof4 06-27-2006 05:09 PM

I think it might be wise to word the question the right way. It's not, "Do you mind if I CD my child?", but "I CD my child; would it be OK if I used your washing machine for a load or 2 of diapers while I'm there?"

It's really not her business how you cover your baby's rear, so why ask for trouble? Ask for what you really need, and then you won't feel as offended if the answer is no.

SheilaJoy 06-27-2006 05:13 PM

Oh, I was assuming the question was about using the washing machine.

rliszkowski 06-27-2006 05:38 PM

We never use sposies so I wouldn't even ask...maybe I am tacky. For me, cd are a parenting choice. I wouldn't ask my host if I could bf, ykwim?

Like pp, you will throw them in the wetbag and she won't know the difference. If it bothers her if you wash them there, I'd go to laundry mat.

mommypooh 06-27-2006 06:28 PM

We stay at my DH aunts house. She does not want me to wash my diapers at her house. So I either have to have enough for the whole time I am there or go to Grandmas house or go to the Laundromat and wash. I asked she was really grossed out but I just put my diaper machine in the garage and do my own thing. I would never ask if I can use CD's but I will ask if I can wash them. if the answer is no then I ask where is the nearest laudrymat. SImple.

cblurose 06-27-2006 07:25 PM

If it's just for the weekend and you have enough diapers why even do laundry?!?!
Relax and have a fun time and don't worry about washing diapers.
If it's a necessity just explain that you use cloth diapers would like to have use of their washer and will disinfect/wash it out after use.