Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   pics added!Should I feel like ds will fall out of the Ergo?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179704)

Ari+Eli 07-06-2007 07:58 PM

pics added!Should I feel like ds will fall out of the Ergo??

I've been waiting SOOOO long for my Ergo to come and I want to cry!!
It feels AND looks like ds will fall out if he arched his back?? Is this normal? Could I be too short???:banghead:

mamarocks!! 07-06-2007 09:46 PM

Re: Should I feel like ds will fall out of the Ergo??

Can you post a picture? Is ds really tall? Do you have it on your hips?
I want to help, the photo would be the easiest way to see if there is something wrong

hackermd 07-06-2007 10:13 PM

pics would totally help... but making sure those straps are tight as heck (without cutting any circulation off) will most certainly help... my dd nuzzles up to my back now that we've "trained" each other to use the Ergo properly...

Ari+Eli 07-07-2007 06:52 AM

Great- as soon as dh wakes up I'll have him take a pic.
Actually ds is tiny--he's not even on the charts for 15 months for height OR weight!! And I am barely 5'4".
Thanks mamas.

Bridym 07-07-2007 09:20 PM

I don't think he will fall out.

Are you trying it on your back?

I have the ergo for my dd who is almost 11 months, but I did put my almost 3 year old in it and he wouldn't have fallen out even if he tried.

My dd always arches her back. I don't have the fear that she will fall out, but it is still annoying! lol

oh you will LOVE your Ergo. give it some time and your ds will love it too. Maybe he is arching back because he is getting a bit sleepy in there and trying to stay awake?

Timetodance 07-07-2007 09:41 PM

I would love to see a pic then I can give pointers. I do the "hop" when I put dd on my back. When she is in the carrier I hold the straps up off my back and hop or jump a little up and down, this helps settle her into the carrier and get the body closer to under her arms.

This does the trick, especially when she has a fluffier diaper on.:giggle:

Good luck!

jessicap 07-07-2007 10:09 PM

make sure his butt is fully in the seat, I always have my hubby or someone who is with me when Landyn is on my back grab the back of the carrier and hold it up while I hop....it shakes him down.

babygirls2 07-08-2007 12:29 AM

I live under a rock....LOL...I haven't been on DS in a while....but when I was introduced to baby wearing I bought a solarviel ring sling. I liked it but found my shoulders throbbing and was generally uncomfortable as well as my DD. Now she couldn't stand to be wore..LOL...but we will be TTC baby #3 soon and I want to get a good carrier. SO I was browsing this section of the board and kept reading a/b Ergo, Ergo, Ergo...LOL...I was like "what in the world is an Ergo???? :headscratch:" so I googled it and found this link. I think I would LOVE the Ergo!!!! Here is the link I found to the instructional videos online. I was thinking maybe they would help you to know if you are wearing and using it correctly. :) Hope it helps...it sure made me want one!!! LOL!! :lostit:

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/instructions.html

fifismama 07-08-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timetodance (Post 1398920)
I would love to see a pic then I can give pointers. I do the "hop" when I put dd on my back. When she is in the carrier I hold the straps up off my back and hop or jump a little up and down, this helps settle her into the carrier and get the body closer to under her arms.

This does the trick, especially when she has a fluffier diaper on.:giggle:

Good luck!

I was just going to post this! That little hop or jump makes a huge difference in getting DD settled into our Ergo. Try it!

Ari+Eli 07-10-2007 01:51 PM

thanks everyone for all the advice!
I'll try to link to a pic--I'm not too computer savvy!
Also I have dial-up so it;ll take awhile!!:laugh: