Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone else want to delay potty training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17978)

Nadmom 06-27-2006 05:33 PM

Anyone else want to delay potty training

Ok, I know this might sounds nuts :loony: but figure if anyone will understand the mama's here will;) . My dd is 21 months and I haven't even thought about potty training and she is my last and I kind hope it doesn't happen anytime soon because I enjoy cloth diapering so much.

With ds I used disposables and couldn't wait till he trained. I think he had a potty seat before 2 and I never pushed it but it was an ongoing topic till he trained at 4. I think part of the reason he was a late trainer was because I was too anxious too soon.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else feels this way?

hunterNkarter 06-27-2006 05:44 PM

Re: Anyone else want to delay potty training

Our oldest is 28mths and we arent pushing it at all...He has a seat but thinks it's a stool and that's about it!

Family though keeps asking...So did he go in the potty yet?

SheilaJoy 06-27-2006 06:31 PM

My ds is 26 months old and the other day I was going to put him on the potty to see if he would go, and I didn't! And the whole reason was because I just bought him some toddler prefolds and I really want to make sure we get a lot of use out of them! :blush:

ChurchPunkMom 06-27-2006 06:31 PM

Lol, my 2yo is actually interested, but I'm not! Mostly because he can't really get his pants up and down yet and isn't tall enough to go standing up (we prefer to skip the boys peeing sitting down..). We let him go now and then though.. I'll be sad to see him out of diapers!! I couldn't wait for my old two to do it.. they wore sposies and took forever to switch! They actually did it at the same time, about a year ago.

SheilaJoy 06-27-2006 06:32 PM

Off topic:
I just saw your name, didn't I sell you a peanut shell not too long ago on tbw and screw up the type of fabric?? :blush:
:mrgreen:

rowynne 06-27-2006 06:37 PM

My first trained herself at 2.5 (the week we brought her new sister home). My second wasnt fully trained & out of pull ups unti she was 3.5! I'm in NO hurry to get Sofia done.....I like my, I mean HER cloth diapers too much so I'll just let her do it on her own. Shes only 17mos & we dont even have a potty chair anymore. We got my 2nd one of those seats with handles & thats all we have right now. Theres no WAY Sofia could get on the big potty by herself.

Kangamama 06-28-2006 08:22 AM

I am one of four kids and my mom said she didn't figure potty training out until the last one. With the older three she pushed it and pressured us. With the fourth she let him show interest and encouraged the interest but didn't push at all. He trained himself in about a day around the same time that the rest of us were trained. He had no potty issues (two of my sibblings had bedwetting until they were 7 or so) and she wonders if that's because he had no pressure. HTH.

myajdw 06-28-2006 08:38 AM

i just let it happen as naturally as possible, w/first ds we tried pushing it several times and i fianlly just let it happen. definately don't stop it if they show interest though.

MilkOnDemand 06-28-2006 08:44 AM

Like walking, weaning and talking, potty learning is a milestone. I let my children reach their milestones in their own good time :) Dorothy PL a week or so after she turned 2, whereas Dustin was a little over 3. I love the cute bum that Liam always has in fluff, and I'll miss the stash for sure...but all good things must come to an end....so I understand wanting to keep the fluff, but I wouldn't discourage a child who showed all signs of wanting to grow up from doing so - even if I just bought the most lovely fluff LOL!

BUT I DO understand.

tntmommy 06-28-2006 08:59 AM

Yes.....but it's not really my choice. DS is 31 months and a LONG ways from PT.