Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Mei Tei's.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180478)

Mommy2LivandNoah 07-08-2007 10:21 AM

Mei Tei's..

Can everyone who's used one tell me what their favorite is? I'm looking into getting one but I'm afraid to spend money and then not like it..

fifismama 07-08-2007 11:01 AM

Re: Mei Tei's..

I sound like a broken record here, but I love my babhawk with headrest. It is very comfortable for me (and I am not a tiny mama.) I also got it with extra long straps, so I can do some special ties. This also means DH can use it as well.

~whitehologram~ 07-08-2007 11:10 AM

I have tried quite a few different MTs (Baby Hawk, XTBH, OMT, BBB delux baby/toddler MT, with child gifts MTs, Sachi with brocade and solarweave sachi) I would have to say at the moment my absolute favorite is my OMT :D

Its made out of a wrap and it is just so comfortable I bearly feel my 8.6kg baby on me. I do love my sachi though, the padded in the straps is great :thumbsup:

Just get something, try it out and if it doesnt work you can alway FSOT it :)

HTH a bit if I didnt make it worse :laugh:

chefbecs 07-08-2007 12:18 PM

what is an omt?

frugalmcdugal 07-08-2007 12:22 PM

i was wondering what omt was too ; )

I haven't tried a bunch, but I LOVE my babyhawk!

~whitehologram~ 07-08-2007 12:43 PM

OMT is an Octi MT made by Shannan the owner of Baby Creations. You can find her in TBW (www.thebabywearer.com) She does fantastic work

mandalynnne 07-08-2007 08:19 PM

Our customs start at $30. It's very affordable, especially since you're not sure that the MT is for you. However, if I could only have 1 baby carrier...it'd be the mei tai!!

srfbluemama 07-08-2007 11:59 PM

I also like MTs with unpadded wider straps right now (though I seem to have phases in my preferences :giggle:)--haven't tried a OMT but I like my BBO (Ball Baby Overall) MT.

mhr1406 07-09-2007 06:23 AM

I have tried a first generation kiddie cradles MT, a kozy and a bamberoo hooded MT. The kozy has nice padding in the straps and so does the bamberoo. But I love the sleeping hood on the bamberoo :loveit:

I spent less than $45 on each. I bought the first one new but the kozy and bamberoo I purchased on TBW and was able to spend about 1/2 of what a new one cost!

e-dub 07-09-2007 07:41 AM

Do you sew at all? Or have a mom/aunt/grandma/friend that does? I make my own MTs and I've tried several styles for very little $$ each. There are several wonderful patterns on this site, but my favorite is this one--the same as the BBO that a pp mentioned. I love it! Super easy--no padding, no curved seams. If you can sew a straight line, you can sew one of these. They (the "real" ones) get rave reviews on thebabywearer.com and sell for $60+ apiece. I can make one with 2.25 yards of home dec fabric from Joanns for less than $20 with a coupon or a sale. Can't beat that!