Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Amber teething necklaces? Opinions! :-) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1854)

alisonsage 04-27-2006 12:40 PM

Amber teething necklaces? Opinions! :-)

I am totally intrigued by the idea of amber teething necklaces :goodvibes: and am getting one for DD through the co-op on the Pin. Does anyone have one of these for their DC(s)? What do you think? How did/does it work?
:thanks:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
(just wanted an excuse to use the dancing bananas)

lovemygirls 04-27-2006 01:10 PM

Re: Amber teething necklaces? Opinions! :-)

I've been wanting to get one of these too. WHere are you guys getting them from on the pin?

I know that Mamajenn has one for G. you might want to pm her and ask her.

alisonsage 04-27-2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemygirls
I've been wanting to get one of these too. WHere are you guys getting them from on the pin?

Look on the swaps/co-ops forum (right above FSOT) on the Pin. I believe it says *wonderous gems amber teething necklace co-op* It closes on Sat! :thumbsup:

mommato4 04-27-2006 10:10 PM

Alison, I have thought about getting one for Rose. We are cutting the upper now and she is not a happy camper.

I have read about them but wondered what the moms that have been using them from the last co-op think.

Like the banana dance.:laugh:

Elphaba71 04-27-2006 10:51 PM

:popcorn:

SheilaJoy 04-28-2006 02:22 AM

I got one from the last co op which was like two weeks ago! My dd has had it on constantly since we got it, and I think it works. She's not going through fully blown teething yet, but I have noticed a difference in how much she gums things; she seems less desperate to get things in her mouth. I think she's going to teeth soon.

mamas120 04-28-2006 03:07 AM

I bought one for dd over almost a month ago, she wears it everyday except for night time. Here is what it has effected for us - all in a good way!

B 4 the necklace - she drooled a lot while teething, was extreme cranky b/c of pain I'm assuming

now- no excessive drooling - no non stop crying and seems like she is in no pain from her teething. one of her front teeth as actually came in and it cut through before I even noticed it was starting too, wich her fussiness always was my clue to check her teeth but this time she was still happy so I didn't check, I mean when I brush her teeth and gums I didn't even notice either.
I think it has worked great! Wish I would have known sooner, I wouldn't have had to with stand all the months before with out it. :)

Kele 04-28-2006 05:33 AM

Wish I would have heard about this 5 months ago!
Hope it works for your little teether!

elaina 04-28-2006 06:47 AM

I bought one of these from the Pin co-op and my husband just cannot get over his son wearing a "necklace". :confusedsys: If anybody is interested, we got the natural shape, dark amber colored necklace. I'd be willing to sell it for the co-op price ($28 ppd).

5tinytreasures 04-28-2006 07:55 AM

I bought one for each of my 5 kids and LOVE them. Avy's 6 yr molar came in and I didn't even know she was getting one when I asked if it hurt she said no and looked at me like I was nuts. Jason who is 8 thinks he looks COOL and won't take it off. The babies are way happier too.