Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   can you help me find a new night time system? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18586)

Fither 06-29-2006 08:43 PM

can you help me find a new night time system?

ok, i can only wake up in a puddle of my son's pee so many times before i admit defeat. i posted last week about our persistent leaking problems with our fuzzi bunz, and i just can't solve the problem. they are not leaking during the day, but there is just something about the way he lays at night that is making them leak. he is NOT a supersoaker, when we have leaks, the insert is certainly not soaked. they just LEAK. so frustrating. anyways, like i said, i have admitted to my fuzzi bunz defeat, and i need to invest in a new night time system. do you have any suggestions? i'm open to anything that will prevent the constant sheet washing, onesie washing, baby washing, mommy washing.......UGH! thanks so much!

Raquelita 06-29-2006 08:50 PM

Re: can you help me find a new night time system?

I too dealt with leaks from my bumGenius and Fuzzibunz. What is leak-proof for us is a prefold, fleece-topped microfiber doubler, and BSWW or Imse Vimse night cover. We never ever get a leak with those!

ReagansMommy 06-29-2006 08:57 PM

We use BBLs or PWs under wool.... works great for us!

Bridget Riedell 06-29-2006 09:00 PM

Little Beetle Original Hemp fitted or a PW under a pull on wool soaker like Aristocrat or Disana. No leaks here!:thumbsup:

Fither 06-29-2006 09:21 PM

hey ladies! thanks for all the recommendations! though i have to admit that i often don't know what all the abbreviations are! could someone direct me to a site that will tell me all the acronyms? i do know the basics (at least what i think are the basics, lol) like IPF and CPF, and all of the pocket names, but i think i need an education on all of the other types!

roseselene 06-29-2006 09:25 PM

We use a very baby simply night under an aristocrat soaker. If you don't have a super soaker, you may not need a very baby simply night (although they are wonderful and I highly recommend them) but whether you were to go with that or not, I highly recommend a wool soaker for nights. We love our aristocrats! we had so many leaks with fuzzi bunz at night, and none with the aristocrats.
Amy

veganmamma 06-29-2006 09:50 PM

If you wrap a microfiber towel around a Hemp Wonderfull and stuff it in your Fuzzi Bunz or put a micofiber insert on top of a good Hemp insert and stuff it in your Fuzzi Bunz that should do it.

The micro fleece absorbs quickly and the Hemp will hold a lot! Your Fuzzibunz should make it through no problem. Give this a try first. :thumbsup:

augustgirl69 06-29-2006 09:54 PM

Sugar Peas fleece has been THE winner hands down for us with 2 kiddos! Lots of other things do work but they have never leaked ever, no metter what dipe in underneath (although I prefer very baby simply nights) I bought mine from
http://www.punkinbutt.com/cloth_diap...ers_fleece.asp

HTH!!

a_cthelen 06-29-2006 11:54 PM

I really love the organic velour VBSN with a wool soaker. This will be more than adequate, especially if you don't have a heavy wetter, like I do. The velour is SOOO soft next to baby's skin. I didn't get one that was lined with fleece so as to keep the dipe as natural as possible for a 10 hour period w/o changing.

I hope to try a PW and BBL someday... :)

Oh, if you want a list of acronyms, go to the FAQ's page and they have posted all the common ones! It's a great resource to use! :mrgreen:

tararaboomdeea 06-29-2006 11:57 PM

You can't go wrong with bumGenius! They are the only thing I will use at night and I DO have a super soaker!