Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   backpack...ergo??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18654)

ashandri 06-30-2006 06:24 AM

backpack...ergo???

I am not sure this is the best place to post this question, but oh well:)....I am dying to get a backpack to wear my almost 1 year old and baby that is on the way. I saw the ergo. What do ya'll think of that carrier or do you have any other suggestions as far as easy light weight backpack carriers? THanks!!

bundeleh 07-05-2006 08:08 PM

Re: backpack...ergo???

I just got the ergo and haven't worn it much but so far so good. I can't understand the instructions for hip carry, but back carry is very clear. Baby laughs when in it.

CATeacher 07-05-2006 09:27 PM

Yep, Ergo is a good choice for a structured (with buckles) carrier. There is also the Toddler Patapum or the Sutemi. All three can be seen at attachedtobaby.com

Personally I prefer a less structured carrier like a babyhawk. They are easier to share w/DH and so cute! You can wear it on your back, front, or hip without an issue. Check em out babyhawk.com!

As far as wearing your newborn...all the structured carriers I think reccomend something like 6mos (unless you buy the ergo infant insert). You COULD use them with a newborn but IMO a mei tai is a little more snuggly.

karen

bamamom 07-06-2006 12:09 PM

we have ergos and mei tais. It just depends....i love my new ergo for big chunkaloves, but itty bitty babies like the closeness of meitai..

the ergo padded straps have proven to be a godsend with my heavy ones...

houseofchaos 07-06-2006 12:30 PM

We have an ergo and I love it!! I am 8 months pregnant and I can carry my 18 month old with no problems at all. I am very small and it fits me, it fits my 6'1" husband, too. So pretty versatile. It really is comfortable, the best backpack I have tried. But I am not really a sling/wrap person. I haven't used the hip or front carry yet, though.
Hope that helps a little!

SheilaJoy 07-06-2006 01:14 PM

I have a patapum and I LOVE it for the back carry. Less expensive than an ergo too.

sesa70 07-06-2006 02:00 PM

Personally I see the need for both an ergo and a m.t.!

We have both :goodvibes: The ergo is great for long treks, like a couple mile walk or the day at the zoo. I dont love it for the grocery store or target though. Those type of situations IMO call for a mt. For your newborn, definately a snuggly mt, though I couldnt use mine with my dd until she was aobut 4 months old. My personal fav for a newborn was the moby wrap. I had that thing on ALL day long for about 3 months straight! It was seriously a lifesaver for me.