Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Issue with new FB snaps? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18694)

SarahJane 06-30-2006 09:19 AM

Issue with new FB snaps?

I have just received some new FB petites and after only 2 washes the male part of the snap is breaking apart around the nub. Mother of Eden will take them back of course, but I' wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Two out of the four diapers are really bad and the other two look like it's just getting thin around the snap, you can see the fabric. Wondering if I should just send them all back, or wait for the other two to fall apart. It must have been a snap qualilty issue with the batch as I've never seen this before. Has anyone else seen this? :headscratch:

These are not seconds! First quality, received this week.

Jillybean 06-30-2006 10:03 AM

Re: Issue with new FB snaps?

I've never had a problem with snaps breaking but I do have a few where you could see a little of the fabric in the snap. I never thought there was anything wrong with it. Am I wrong? Snap experts?:headscratch:

momovthree 06-30-2006 10:36 AM

I had one snap break on one of mine I had bought around Christmastime. I've decided to wait to buy anymore until they get some new batches going with the maker taking over. Not sure how long that will be but if she's going to help with the quality control, I'll be thrilled!

rowynne 06-30-2006 03:20 PM

Havent had that problem but one of the new ones I bought a month ago...I washed once to use & then used it once....that 2nd wash the whole top of the tag came unsewn after just 2 washes. They said I could send it in for them to fix, but I wonder if the stitching was that bad on a tag, whats it like on the rest of the diaper, KWIM?

aimeemarie 06-30-2006 03:21 PM

Is someone else taking over FB or something?

SarahJane 06-30-2006 05:47 PM

I haven't heard what is going on with Mother of Eden. Nicki from Nicki's diapers said that they are trying to make some improvements with customer service. I do think I just got a bad batch. My larges that I put away because they are way too big don't have any issues...so maybe this is a fluke? I hope so.

Anyway, thank you.

pianobaby 06-30-2006 07:36 PM

I had 2 FB snaps tear through on my larges--we've only been using them a couple of months. Cottonbabies is replacing them for me, but yeah--I thought the same thing--that the quality of this batch that I bought was poorer than previous purchases.

ocean_o_curls 07-01-2006 01:03 PM

i havent had any problems with mine and ive had them since beginning of march hopefully just a bad batch

cajsmommy 07-01-2006 02:55 PM

I've got one PT FB, purchased new about 2 months ago or so. It's used in a large rotation so it's still pretty new. No snap issues here.

momovthree 07-01-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeemarie
Is someone else taking over FB or something?

This is the info I received from Shannon of Wildflower Diapers just last week. I plan on waiting to buy anymore till we see what is up :)

Sizing with the Fuzzi Bunz will be much more consistent from now on because Tereson, the inventor of the diaper, is now back in control of all aspects of the company (literally as in the last couple weeks). She is getting customer service, quality control, and all the little sewing glitches completely fixed! I am so happy.