Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Super Soaker Help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18736)

jjaelovesenglish 06-30-2006 12:33 PM

Super Soaker Help

Okay, I have been happy with my pockets for some time now; however, I have a super soaker who is having a hard time making it past 5am without being changed. It doesn't matter what I put in there. I have tried many combos, but nothing seems to work right now.
I was considering possibly getting some Thirsties fitteds and an Aristocat soaker (even though I am allergic to wool) to see if she can make it through the night. Before I buy anything I need advice from other super soaker moms. What should I do? Help!!!!

kissum 06-30-2006 12:53 PM

Re: Super Soaker Help

You can use a wool cover over your pockets, we do that some nights! We also use a mutt with a microfiber insert under the doubler, under a soaker. My dd is a super soaker, but the bed is dry in the morning this way.

negrapy 06-30-2006 01:37 PM

i think the fanciful fannies (i've only tried the prefitteds) hold up better than the thirsties :) and they (under wool) work great overnight
we usually add a birdseye flat folded into the wetzone so the outside of the diaper is barely damp in the morning

MamaLove 06-30-2006 01:41 PM

Fleece is a good alternative to wool for super soakers. Loveybums and Stacinator makes fleece covers, and many other WAHMs, too. BTW, my super soaker couldn't go more than 2 hours in any pocket without a leak. ;)

frawwgwithtadpoles 06-30-2006 01:55 PM

I use a Little Weeds hemp prefold inside a toddler prefold with a wool wrap and it keeps DS pretty well. I also have a BBL hemp pocket fitted and a fleece pocket I stuff with hemp and cover with wool that work well. I have never had a leak with my Dancing Bears fleece cover either.
HTH!

a_cthelen 06-30-2006 02:26 PM

My super soaker went 10 hours last night in a pul SEZ and her nighttime hemp/BKT insert. I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised this morning!! :)

jjaelovesenglish 06-30-2006 03:07 PM

We haven't had leaks outside the diaper yet, but the microfleece on the diaper is pretty drenched by 5am. She DOES NOT like to be wet. How do you keep them dry in a prefold. Do you put liners in? Does the wool make all the moisture move to the outside of the diaper. I am a bit clueless at this point.

frawwgwithtadpoles 06-30-2006 04:55 PM

The wool seems to pull the moisture away, but you could always just lay a fleece liner in to keep your babe dry.

Sweetforestcat 06-30-2006 05:26 PM

for my supersoaker, we cannot use pockets overnight. We have to use a hemp fitted with extra hemp doublers. We use fleece liners to keep him dry at night! My favorite is the microfleecelined diapers to keep him entirely dry all night. My DS sleeps 12 hours and these hold him fine!

MomsHelpingMoms 06-30-2006 05:50 PM

I think I must have a super-duper soaker because pockets stuffed to the max just won't cut it anymore. I use my AIO's and add 1 microterry trifolded under the soaker. She is bone dry in the am. Customers say they are able to use them with out the extra help, but I am not brave enough to try-I would hate to be woken up for a diaper change so we just stick with what works. My dd sleeps for 11-12 hours too with no problems.