Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tips for Helping Baby Drop?!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188403)

BearBumsBoutique 07-20-2007 12:53 PM

Tips for Helping Baby Drop?!?!

Hi Girls!

I've been lurking on this board, but I have a question I was hoping someone could help me with!

I'm 39wks 6days today (due tomorrow) and my OB is talking c/s b/c we can't do an induction with the babys head so high (hasn't engaged yet).:banghead: I obviously want to avoid that, so does anyone have any tips for getting the baby to drop? :headscratch: This is my 1st, so I know it can take longer. I've tried some squats, hip tilts & raspberry leaf tea, but it's not working... anyone ever had this & have a good story to share?! :giggle:

Thanks!!

spacecat1974 07-20-2007 01:00 PM

Re: Tips for Helping Baby Drop?!?!

He's talking c/s already?

:banghead:

It is way too soon for that convo. First babies are NOTORIOUSLY late!!!! Often up to two weeks late.

Just do the regular stuff for inducing labor naturally:
-lots of sex (orgasms are a MUST!)
-Exercise
-Lots of sex
-nipple stimulation (get out the pump!)

valerieca 07-20-2007 01:05 PM

This is a passionate subject for me...so I won't go into detail since I don't fully know your situation...

But, I will say this...

Patience....:hugs:

ChurchPunkMom 07-20-2007 01:20 PM

Is there a reason he's talking c-section/induction already?? That seems silly..
Of course your baby hasn't dropped! It's your first pregnancy and you haven't even reached your due date yet!

sourpatch_babe 07-20-2007 01:22 PM

unless there's some sort of health risk for you/baby, I don't see why the heck he'd be talking c/s when you're not even at your due date. My OB was actually more than a little surprised when he did my checkup on my due date and saw that I was 4 centimeters dilated already without noticing. He kept telling me that the due date didn't count for anything, that The Kid would be born past the due date. He was actually talking the whole pregnancy how I'd have a biweekly checkup once I hit my due date and once we hit 42 weeks and nothing happened, we'd talk induction/c/s. This is very weird that he'd be talking about this so soon, but like I said there might be some sort of health risk that we're not aware of.

BearBumsBoutique 07-20-2007 01:31 PM

I thought it was a little weird too. I have had some concerns with blood pressure, but nothing too severe. There are no other signs of problems, so we're just 'watching' things. So I don't think health concerns are why he's going there. Some background though... in Canada we have a dr shortage... in my area of 56000+ppl there are 3 OBs - and during the summer, they rotate holidays, so there aren't even that many! So, I think part of it is convenience so he can 'get me out of the way' before his holidays (which isn't for another 3 weeks).

Anyway, I do want to avoid a c/s. My mom had to have 3 - I was transverse, my sis didn't drop & my other sis was #3, so they wouldn't let her try! So this seems to be a family thing... and I want to avoid it if possible!!

Thanks for some suggestions... if there are any more out there (no matter how outrageous!) pls LMK!!

mhr1406 07-20-2007 01:35 PM

:hugs: both of my boys were a week late. The suggestions so far are great. The only thing I might can add is walking and some squats maybe

hang in there mama

writeinthelight 07-20-2007 01:36 PM

From what I remember reading, most first babies don't "drop" until after labor has begun.

My first was 1 week, 1 day late.

Good luck!

bohlander04 07-20-2007 01:42 PM

My babies did not do a significant drop until right before and during labor. I agree with everyone else. It's too early to talk c/s. I used the ottoman to my rocking chair and that did help a bit for me. But as I said nothing significant until labor here.

BearBumsBoutique 07-20-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by writeinthelight (Post 1464299)
From what I remember reading, most first babies don't "drop" until after labor has begun.

My first was 1 week, 1 day late.

Good luck!

Thanks. That's what I've heard too... many babies don't drop till labour starts & either contractions push it down, or the pressure from the water breaking helps the head engage... so now I guess the Q is - if they induce, will the baby drop?? He said if the induction didn't work, it would be a c/s... so do I chance the induction?