Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is this baby cute or not? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18887)

love2bmom2chris 06-30-2006 08:30 PM

Is this baby cute or not?

Hi! Maybe you mommas can help me! I know a momma who wants to try and get her baby into modeling. Her friends and family tell her that her baby is cute but would they really tell her if the baby was ugly??? NO! I don't think anyone would. Well, the momma has 3 modeling agency contracts and they cost money (she has to pick 1 only so she's not out a ton of money if her baby does not get jobs). She doesn't want to spend the money though if her baby probably won't get at least a job or 2. Of course, the agencies think she's cute but they want the momma's money. So, could you PLEASE look at the pics and give me your honest opinion. She wants outside views from people who don't know her so please don't "sugar coat" anything if your thoughts are negative. Thanks so much!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/love2b...en%3as,1%3af,0

SandyG 06-30-2006 08:34 PM

Re: Is this baby cute or not?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
that is two thumbs up
ithink she adorable!! love that in the dress!!

MamaLove 06-30-2006 08:36 PM

WEll, I thinkall babies are cute, but she definately has a photogenic smile and super cute face. Definately could be a model. :thumbsup:

1bigfamily 06-30-2006 08:37 PM

Her eyes are very captivating.

quixb 06-30-2006 08:39 PM

Ok well I will go first.........You asked!!

While I do think this baby is VERY cute, I also looked into modeling for my dd and my friend actually paid to do it. the one thing we learned is your baby has to have a unique feature about them. Its more than just being a cute baby. KMIM. Like they have to have crazy beautifull eyes or georgeous skin tone ect...............

I look at this little doll and see a cute baby, but maybe not a gap model.

Ok dont hate me! Remember you asked I am just being honest!!

Thats my :2cents:
:hugegrin:

stephdpn 06-30-2006 08:41 PM

She is cute, but a REAL modeling agency doesn't charge for a contract. All she should have to do is have some pictures made to start a portfolio...in that last picture it looks like she is in a pageant dress. If they are in the pageant scene, I know those "modeling agencies" really prey upon those moms...not being negative, her baby is super cute, I would just be leary of any agency that wanted money!

Jemgirl 06-30-2006 08:48 PM

I agree if they want her to pay, I think they are just out to "screw" you (in the general sense). If it were a true modeling agency they wouldn't be asking for any money, because they know they'd MAKE money off of a person (baby) that they are signing, kwim?

love2bmom2chris 06-30-2006 08:55 PM

Thanks mommas! Keep them coming! She can list with the agency for free but the fee involved is if she wants the baby on the web and in a book that gets sent to potential clients. She was in 1 pageant and there was no modeling agencies there-it was very small. Like I think maybe 3 or 4 babies showed up and that's it:-) She did win first place though...LOL.

quixb-not offended at all! I want HONESTY and appreciate it! (this is actually my opinion too...for the most part)

stephdpn-do you know how to find the free agencies? These ones want about $100 for a 1 year contract.

dixiebabies 06-30-2006 08:55 PM

:yeahthat: I agree with Jemgirl

SheilaJoy 06-30-2006 09:08 PM

VERY cute baby, but maybe not model type features.