Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What kind of cover do you use overnight with your PW? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19004)

shandi 07-01-2006 12:21 PM

What kind of cover do you use overnight with your PW?

My ds has just started wearing a medium PW, and most of my medium covers I have (which is not alot) that I use with other fitteds, don't really fit over it because of it's larger bulk.

My only cover that seems to fit well is a medium Calico baby fleece cover.
And the wool I have is day weight mainly, or are wraps that don't fit over it.

If you have any suggestions for a cover that would work well overnight over a PW that would be greatly appreciated :)
I would prefer something more breathable (non-PUL) like fleece or wool for overnight.

TIA!

itsmelanie 07-01-2006 12:46 PM

Re: What kind of cover do you use with your PW?

One of my PW's has a matching wool cover and another one matches well (and fits nicely) with a wool soaker. I have a fleece stacinator that fits over them too. Both the soaker and the stac make for a huge hiney!

I just discovered yesterday that a lot of moms let their kids go coverless in fitteds. Trying to get brave enough to try it. LOL

Momma_of_3 07-01-2006 12:52 PM

We go coverless! Also we have some wool shorties that were mae with some extra room in the hiney, they fit great!

shandi 07-01-2006 01:05 PM

I go coverless too during the day :)

I guess I shoulda been more specific, LOL, a good cover for overnight is what I am looking for!

There's no way I'm going coverless overnite :giggle:

Luvmybabies 07-01-2006 01:25 PM

Aristocrat wool cover! The only cover I would trust overnight :)

shandi 07-01-2006 01:48 PM

Re: What kind of cover do you use overnight with your PW?

So would a small crat fit over a medium PW? DS is 15 pounds.
Or would I need to size up?

MamaLove 07-01-2006 05:22 PM

:dunno: I don't know about crats, but I know loveybums covers work well over peewells...wool interlock or crepe for night time.

ReagansMommy 07-01-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shandi
So would a small crat fit over a medium PW? DS is 15 pounds.
Or would I need to size up?

I would imagine a large would swallow him... BTW - we use a 'crat over our PW's at night as well. I also have a couple of WAHM soakers that work well - had them made to accomodate the PW butt LOL!

zblueyez78 07-01-2006 05:34 PM

We use hemp fitted diapers over night. (Thirsties) and a wool cover. I've got two wool covers....one is Aristocrat and the other is Bumpy. (I think that's right) They both work great over night.

shandi 07-02-2006 10:30 AM

So maybe a crat is the way to go :)

I've also wanted to try a Stacinator day/night stretch...which would probably work too!? I hope!