Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's your fav wool? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19062)

a_cthelen 07-01-2006 05:22 PM

What's your fav wool?

I know I'm opening up a huge can of worms here, but I see so many WAHM's with cute wool and want to know what you wool-loving mamas like the best! :)

*MamaStacy* 07-01-2006 05:25 PM

Re: What's your fav wool?

Do you mean made by whom or type of wool (i.e. lambswool, merino wool, etc.)??

a_cthelen 07-01-2006 05:33 PM

Oooh, I didn't think of that. I don't really understand any types of wool except for merino. I guess I am curious what is the difference between night and day wool and yes, the maker, too! :)

That's a lot of info, but I want to be educated on wool!! :lostit:

MamaMel 07-01-2006 05:34 PM

luxe

tararaboomdeea 07-01-2006 05:43 PM

I love my Kozy Designs woll soaker :) Very soft and super cute!

belladonna 07-01-2006 05:43 PM

I haven't tried anyone else's wool (I knit my own :) ) but I really like BFL. I'm excited, I have a ton more of it on the way. I like working with that, merino & 100Purewool. I need to get my hands on some Targhee, it sounds wonderful. I've used some Magallanes Arucanian (sp?) and I really loved that too. My day to day wools are Fisherman's and Wool of the Andes--straight from the skein they're a little dry & scratchy but after dyeing & conditioning they're much nicer & fine for day weight or double knit for nighttime.

If I had a pile of $ to spend I'd be buying from Crankypants, I adore her beautiful work!

a_cthelen 07-01-2006 05:45 PM

I love Crankypants, too. I just need to figure out how to get some of her work...:)

ZooCrew10 07-01-2006 06:04 PM

I, too, haven't used anyone's wool other than my own recycled things. I like merino for day as it's lightweight and a good double layer soaker (either pull up or wrap) for night time. My personal fav. wool that I've made are actually the longies in my avatar....it's the bum tattoo I like most about it....

negrapy 07-01-2006 06:15 PM

i like the lana best for night ....
and for the day time I really like the recycled soakers that I have gotton --- of course of those it really depends how soft, thick etc. But its nice that there are many colors, different styles and weights
well and you don't pay a TON so if they get dirty you don't feel like :cry:

or at least I don't :)

*MamaStacy* 07-01-2006 06:36 PM

hmm, this is a hard one considering how many pieces of wool I own, lol. I don't really have a fave for day and night. I love Crankypants, BJM, Llamajama and anything else that's soft.