Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   be honest with me . . . (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1912)

mtietz 04-27-2006 04:57 PM

be honest with me . . .

Has anyone else just given up on cloth at night?

This is me over cloth diapering dacey at night -----> :banghead:

I have tried every thing I have heard or can think of, but my power peeing, 12 hour sleeping, still nursing 2-3 times a night toddler can wet through the best of 'em.

I finally decided to go from well-stuffed PUL pockets to fitteds and wool at night and even scored the Holy Grail of nighttime dipes - a Very Baby Simply Nights from Olive Branch Baby. Got a Crat to put over it. Still wet jammie bottoms more times than not. (I do NOT, by the way, blame the diapers for this. We just have floods of nighttime pee!)

Am I not lanolizing enough? Is there (sigh) something ELSE I should try?

She pees out of sposies, too, so it's not like I can just peacefully resign myself to sposies at night. . . And I REALLY do not want to have to diaper changes in the middle of the night.

Thoughts?

OneFabMama 04-27-2006 05:00 PM

Re: be honest with me . . .

I have NO idea mama. Sounds like you've tried everything I would suggest.

All I can say is if she is still getting up at night top nurse just change her then. Have an extra dipe ready by the side of your bed and when the times comes just do a quick change? Sorry, but thats all I got!

mommymell 04-27-2006 05:06 PM

You should try a lullaby dream best night time diaper I have ever tried we soaked VB simply nights too. I have one, pm me if you are interested.

FitMommyOf2 04-27-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFabMama
I have NO idea mama. Sounds like you've tried everything I would suggest.

All I can say is if she is still getting up at night top nurse just change her then. Have an extra dipe ready by the side of your bed and when the times comes just do a quick change? Sorry, but thats all I got!

Yeahthat. I'm sorry, I don't have any other idea either.
I just now went back to using cloth at night after having used sposies over the past ~6 months at night!:blush: At that time I just couldn't get the right combo for DS. Now we found pockets or pocket fitteds w/wool and it works awesome.

Maybe take a little break from night CDing and try new again after a while?
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll find something that works! (And you know, if not, and you like to go w/sposies at night, that's fine too! :2cents: )

rowynne 04-27-2006 07:40 PM

Well, you KNOW I use sposies at night still :) We just ran out of our overnights & i bought a pack (okay 3) of disposable doublers at TRU last night, stuck one of them in a "regular" sposie (we totally leak out of them) & it actually didnt leak!! So maybe get a pack & put 1 or 2 in a cloth dipe? I think I'm gonna try that when the sposies run out (or I get really brave some night).

ReagansMommy 04-27-2006 07:49 PM

You know I don't have a heavy wetter - but micro-topped hemp doublers do wonders for our overnight diapering... I mean, she went overnight in a fitted and didn't need a cover...

MamaZ 04-27-2006 07:50 PM

what about a well-stuffed pocket or AIO with wool? I'm not much help since DD is not much a of a heavy wetter

cowmommy 04-27-2006 07:54 PM

I bought some SUPER absorbant fitted dipes called pea patch diapers and she said she sold them bc they weren't absorbant enough for her heavy wetter and came up with a whole new line that she uses and sells. You can email me if ya want a link:thumbsup: I use berry plush dipes at night--only have one and wash it every day:banghead: but i've never had a leak--she can wear it about 14 hrs wo a change:thumbsup:

sharleen (DCDiapers) 04-27-2006 08:15 PM

I have one heavy wetter and one "normal" wetter. My heavy wetter will pee through anything.... sposie or not. I have been using well stuffed pockets with a wool cover over, or just wool pants with a cute shirt, and this works well for us.
The "normal" wetter, we just use well stuffed pockets with a trifold sherpa/hemp insert and if I know he has had lots to drink before bed, I add a light insert as well.

man would it be easier if we all had light wetters LOL :lostit:

Good luck.

grantsmamma 04-27-2006 08:58 PM

i have a heavy wetter too, and i also felt like i was at my wit's end w/everything. i was ready to give up cd'ing at night and go w/sposies, but he started peeing through my double sposie "system." then i realized i had to find a cloth solution. we have a vb simply nights form olive branch also. i like it, but it is totally pee'd out by the morning, and every once in a while, we had a leak. not too long ago, i put him in an OMG hemp fitted velour outter i got off hyenacart (with a wool soaker or longies on top), and the outside of the dipe is hardly even wet sometimes!! (a real miracle for us!) if i feel like it might be a rough night (teething means lots of nighttime nursing for us), i will throw in a joeybunz doubler just for added peace of mind, but i'm telling you this diaper is awesome for nighttime heavy wetters!! It says on Meghan's hyenacart that she is stocking randomly right now b/c of her sons' b-days/vacation/etc., but it's worth the wait to get one of these diapers! also, we co-sleep, so wet pj's means a wet bed for all of us, so cut a "puddle pad" out of fleece that my son and i sleep on top of. it catches any leaks before they get to the sheets.
good luck w/your heavy wetter--there is a solution out there!!!