Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Little Brother Fell of Roof....UPDATE IN FIRST POST (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1917)

happymom 04-27-2006 05:32 PM

Little Brother Fell of Roof....UPDATE IN FIRST POST

My 23 yr old brother fell from a roof he was working on. Well actually the rafter gave way and he fell thru the galvanized tin roof. He shattered his right wrist.. he went to the hand institute in Ohio and after multiple cat scans they said it was shattered. They are putting together a team to reconstruct his wrist. He may or may not gain use of it again.. will have rods and plastic holding it together and will suffer from arthritis within the next 5 years. Luckily he will be graduating with a business degree next sememster and won't ahve to work construction for a living. The drs are not optimistic and said this will change his entire life. We are leaving VA for IN tomorrow night. Prayers are needed for my brother.. His name is Jonathan and he is about the best person I know.. one of those guys that is just an all around superb human being.. reads his bible daily.. kind, generous, such a soft emotional heart.. so loving, would do ANYTHING for you, yet can hang with the guys and talk shop all day.. and is such a cutie. Please pray for him.. he is so young for this to happen. Pray they can save his hand. blessings to you all.. thanks mammas!

Update.

Jonathan has his surgery and is in a wrist jack.. Its this huge contraption that looks kinda like a stapler or sewing machine bolted with screws from his hand to his wrist. They call it an external fixator.. the think is incredible! It looks awful though becuase the pins in his arm are about the size of my pinky finger. The Drs. say he will have "some" motion of his wrist for a year or so and then will need to have his wrist permanantly fixated with a plate and will not have any motion at all in his wrist. He will be able to wiggle his fingers and use his elbow. He has been so wonderful thru th entire situation. I found out that he fell thru one of those gas station overhangs. the kind that you pull your car udner to stay out of the rain. It was like a 18 foot drop onto a car no less. We are all just happy he wansn't more seriously hurt. THank you all for your continued prayers as he learns to live with this new disability.

raceNzanesmom 04-27-2006 06:22 PM

Re: Little Brother Fell of Roof....

PTL he's at least safe!! A friend's brother fell off a roof while helping his dad and it killed him. I know it's hard to be grateful when he's injured, but he's alive and healthy. Pray healing on his wrist. The Lord can heal ANYTHING!!

I will keep him in prayer! Have a safe trip.

Blessings!

hollyhobby30 04-27-2006 06:30 PM

Amen to that!!

I'll be praying for him. He sounds like a sweetheart!:hugs:

Watercolor Ponies 04-27-2006 06:36 PM

Prayers for him, definitely!:hugs:

MamaLove 04-27-2006 06:51 PM

Prayers for your bro's healing.

SandyG 04-27-2006 07:58 PM

oh my!!prayers for ou
hope they can save his wrist
:hugs:

Jemgirl 04-27-2006 08:08 PM

:hugs: :bighug:
sending lots of :goodvibes:

littleways 04-27-2006 08:13 PM

I'll pray for your brother and your family.

lovemygirls 04-27-2006 10:42 PM

Your brother will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs: He sounds like such a great guy!!! Please KUP if you can.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 04-27-2006 11:32 PM

I'm sorry he got huirt, im glad he is ok aside form his hand, im sending more prayers your way and hopefully he wil heal ok and get use of that hand back:hugs: