Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Are your child's ears pierced? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192835)

luvmykiddoes 07-27-2007 02:32 PM

Are your child's ears pierced?

Have you pierced your child's ears and at what age?

sophruity 07-27-2007 02:35 PM

Re: Are your child's ears pierced?

my dh says not till she wants them so I'm guessing 3-4 that's when I had mine done:goodvibes:

itsymama 07-27-2007 02:37 PM

Well this is assuming I have a girl one of these years lol , but I will not got it done until she asks for it , I would want it to be something she wanted to do , maybe even for a b-day girl growing up kinda thing ? But not till she wants it done . As for my boy lol , if he ever wants one he can wait till he moves out :giggle: .

hapaness 07-27-2007 02:40 PM

Both of my girls had theirs done at 3 months old.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-27-2007 02:42 PM

we have been putting it off for different reasons but i am thinking we will do it when she learns how to walk so we don't need to worry about her getting caught in the rug. danae shows lots of interest in my earrings and touches her own ears, i ask her if she wants them and she says yes, i know she's small but it feels like she's asking and i would love them peirced, i'm just waiting until she can walk because of the fear of her getting stuck in the carpet which happens, as it happen to me as a baby and my mom had to cut the carpet spot to free me.
maybe we'll do them for christmas if she's walking by then:goodvibes:

EmnJJsMom 07-27-2007 02:42 PM

DD1 was 7 months, DD2 was 8 months

I wouldn't do it any other way. They are so used to them, there was no complications, no tugging, etc.

De-lovely 07-27-2007 02:46 PM

Neither of my girls have pierced ears. DH and I have agreed that it will be later in life....even older than 10 probably....it will happen when they ask I guess.

worldwarcaitlin 07-27-2007 02:46 PM

Viktor's aren't done now because he's a boy :giggle: but if he asks when he's older, I'll allow it.

GracieGooseSC 07-27-2007 02:47 PM

We did both our little ones ears for their first birthdays! I felt like it was a good age, because they weren't too tiny, but they were too young to be afraid too. They do both ears at the same time too so it's quick! lol DD#1 was more upset that she had to sit in my lap then she was about the pain, and DD#2 wasn't too upset, and forgot all about it when she saw the sucker! lol :laugh:

Bobbie 07-27-2007 02:52 PM

Nope not until SHE decides she wants it done:goodvibes: