Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kissaluvs 0's exposed snaps inside an issue for NB? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1938)

rebyell 04-27-2006 08:26 PM

Kissaluvs 0's exposed snaps inside an issue for NB?

I am buying some Nb diapers for a baby this winter and just got some kissaluvs 0's (so cute!!) Then I noticed that the snaps were exposed on the inside, where some of my other diapers (mutts, sugarplum baby) have them covered. I haven't ever read of anyone not liking that feature in the reviews.

Has anyone had a problem with them leaving red snap marks on the baby or generally looking uncomfortable?? I don't want a fussy baby because of a snap poking it in the belly!!

I also ordered a few Loveybums, I know people ask this every day but what what your fav NB fitted/cover combo?

offlikeapromdress 04-27-2006 09:08 PM

Re: Kissaluvs 0's exposed snaps inside an issue for NB?

maybe Im misunderstanding. i just went and looked at my K0's and the exposed part of the snaps is on the outside of the dipe. The tag goes on the outside, is it possible you have them turned wrong side out. (not saying you are dumb, just trying to understand). I have a dipe I just got from a mom and I cant figure out which is front and back..lol.

for nbs I like either k0's or tenderbeggings fitteds with a prorap or bsww cover or wool.

railyuh 04-27-2006 09:20 PM

The backside of the snap (just the flat part) is exposed on the inside of the kissaluv, but it's never bothered DS or left marks and he's still wearing size 0 at around 14lbs.

lovencloth 04-27-2006 10:43 PM

Do your snaps on the inside your pants bother you? Cause, I never notice mine. :) I don't think it bothers them either, quite a few fitteds use exposed snaps (it is easier to fix them) then hidden ones. Peewells for example, cuddlebuns, very baby I think, lots. I have used Pw's on dd and it never even left any mark. HTH. :)

Prettylocks 04-27-2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railyuh
The backside of the snap (just the flat part) is exposed on the inside of the kissaluv, but it's never bothered DS or left marks and he's still wearing size 0 at around 14lbs.

Yep, what she said. Also, kls and MEAFs are my fav nb combo :)

mommy22peanuts 04-27-2006 11:24 PM

I noticed a red mark here or there from the snap using Kissaluv o's, but I don't think it bothered my DD. I ended up using a fleece liner in all her dipes and that usually covered the snaps. I do have to say that my DD's skin is super sensitive...you look at it wrong and she gets a red mark!

my3punkins2005 04-27-2006 11:39 PM

the snaps never bothered my son but he only wore his kissaluvs maybe 20 times they were way to short in the rise on him now of course i have naturally large babies at 38 weeks ds #3 was 9lbs and 23inches so maybe it just because i have big babies couldn't use them which really stunk because when i was pregnant and crazy i purchased kissaluvs in all 3 sizes all galores i had a whole room full of diapers(all different types must have spent over 1000 in diapers alone good thing dh works a good job)....lmao

rebyell 04-28-2006 09:21 AM

Thanks for the replys, I think they will probably work out, just haven't done fitteds (only pockets) so I didn't know so many other brands have snaps like that too.Part of my thought in doing CD's is to be more comfy for the baby and that just didn't look quite right!!

Thanks~

Lucky Child 04-28-2006 11:34 AM

Hi. those snaps always bothered me but it didn't bother him. I am not the biggest klo's fan though...
I totally know what you are saying about doing it for comfort though... if it doesn't look comfy to you or you are worried about it than dont' use them! However, fitteds are going to work way better than pockets for a nb and many fitteds ahve the exposed snaps on the inside. You could always cut fleece liners and put them in to cover the snaps so that snaps are against the fleece...then you will have a stay dry liner too which will keep the baby even more comfy. HTH!