Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   do toddlers scream for no reason? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193928)

trashley 07-29-2007 06:17 PM

do toddlers scream for no reason?

I feel like in just the last couple of weeks all she does is scream and cry and lie on my shoulder snuggling.

I don't remember Ainsley ever doing this, but today I started to wonder if maybe she's got an ear infection or something that's making her miserable? Or do they just act like this? She doesn't talk yet at almost 16 months so maybe she's just frustrated?

sigh...sanity dwindling

worldwarcaitlin 07-29-2007 06:29 PM

Re: do toddlers scream for no reason?

Mine screams a lot but its normally screams of excitement or when he's throwing a tantrum. :headscratch:

Is there any other reason you think she may be sick?

trashley 07-29-2007 06:30 PM

:cry: I guess I just can't imagine that it's normal for a little one to be this miserable!

bundeleh 07-29-2007 07:42 PM

I think toddlers scream for things we may not see as real reasons! Reasons of their own ... but if you feel your LO is sick, I'd look for some clues to give the doctor.

mom2madison06 07-29-2007 07:47 PM

I've been wondering the same thing to myself. Madison has been screaming just incessantly lately. In the morning, she gets all mad because I am not already up and at her service when she gets up, then at breakfast because I cannot feed her quickly enough, and the rest of the day, it's either I am telling her she can't do something/have something/eat something out of the carpet. She does it the most in the evening, though. A lot of times, I have no idea what is wrong. It grates my nerves like nothing else. I can feel my blood pressure rising when she does this. Gah, I cannot wait for this to be over. It's an awful stage. :hugs:

My grandmother actually asked me if she had "problems" because she heard the screaming in the background on the phone. She thinks Maddie is mentally retarded because she screams. WTF? LOL. She told me to stop bringing her to the Child Watch at the YMCA when I work out because they must have bumped her head. God. Parenting advice from grandparents is ridiculous. If she was retarded, she would not be meeting all her milestones on time, and already be saying 10-15 words.

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 07-29-2007 07:53 PM

MIne screams for fun. He's 19 months now and willl just start screaching. He does get super cuddly and whiney though when he's teething- his canines came in a few months ago and those were rough on him.

Michelle8903 07-29-2007 07:53 PM

Is she getting her molars?

JustAugust 07-29-2007 08:00 PM

Yes, I think toddlers can throw fits for "no reason" or a least, no GOOD reason. I mean, obviously, it's good to them, like "that kid is looking at me!" and whatnot.

BUT, your daughter doesn't sound like that at all. I think something is wrong. There's a difference between a random toddler fit and a toddler that truly doesn't feel right. If you can't tell what the problem is/might be, I'd take her to the doctor just to give everything a once over. Poor little thing, I hope she's back to normal quickly!

Prettylocks 07-29-2007 08:04 PM

There is a reason she is acting differently. Could she be teething? Does she act happier if you give her tylenol?

trashley 07-29-2007 08:06 PM

She doesn't seem to be getting any teeth.

I think we'll give the dr a call for a "just in case" visit though