Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diapers for orphans (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19812)

mom2t 07-05-2006 02:13 PM

Diapers for orphans

A few weeks back, a mama here bought 2 of my dipes and requested that I send them to Bekah at Cotton Babies for the missionaries. I thought that was great. So I started putting things aside to send myself. I have a few good dipes and covers. Well today I was reading that there is a shortage of cloth diapers in several third world countries and they have to PL their children by 3 months. I think this is sad. Why not have a diaper drive. If we each pitched in 1 dipe, pf or cover think of how many children that would benefit. I do not know if one of the mods could take it from here and I am thinking of PMing that first mama so she can organize (or myself) but whatever gets dipes to children who need them.

mom2t 07-05-2006 05:08 PM

Re: Diapers for Charity.

These children need them more than my daughter. I will donate several diapers and covers and for every diaper I buy my dd, I will buy one for this cause.

mrsott 07-05-2006 05:15 PM

what is PL?? I also read something about miracle diapers needing some help too...

negrapy 07-05-2006 05:20 PM

I know of a couple of orphanages that could use them oversees.
The best way will probably be to get them in contact with some one in the US that can transport them overseas. That way shipping won't get outrageous for everyone and everything thing.
Let me see what I can get set up if more people are interested .. or just if a few are too :)

Sarah 07-05-2006 08:06 PM

I know that I started picking up diapers for Miracle Diapers,I'm also trying to figure out how to help our bases Family Support Center with diapers for military members.

Sarah

mom2t 07-05-2006 08:25 PM

PL is potty training. Can you even imagine, needing to train them so young. Very sad. I know there is a mom on DS who lives overseas on a base. If there is a need in that country, we could ship them to her APO addy. USA shipping cost. I am going to by hallf dozen pf's for my dd, so I will buy half dozen for this.

mom2t 07-05-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WearingTaci
I know that I started picking up diapers for Miracle Diapers,I'm also trying to figure out how to help our bases Family Support Center with diapers for military members.

Sarah

I would rather give to orphans. In poor ophanages, the babies do not have CD's or sposies.

negrapy 07-27-2006 09:23 AM

does anybody hunt diapers for things like this?

mom2t 07-27-2006 09:29 AM

Re: Diapers for orphans

I sent some when I first posted this. I have some more I can also send. It would be nice if more people joined in.

cowmommy 07-27-2006 09:32 AM

Re: Diapers for orphans

I could send half a dozen Infant Bleached IPF in almost new condition :goodvibes: are we gonna ship them to one mama to ship em all or do we have an addy to send them directly to the orphanage? Somebody please PM me