Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How many of you had/have hyperemesis? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200524)

Nissi 08-08-2007 10:04 AM

How many of you had/have hyperemesis?

Just wondering how many of the mommas here have had or currently have diagnosed hyperemesis / HG ????? I am now a proud 2x survivor!!! BTW for any of you struggling with HG and need Zofran, you can order it online at planetdrugsdirect.com for $1 per pill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saved my life and pocketbook this last pg. You just have to order in blocks of 100 tabs and your ob has to write the prescrip for 100. It takes like 2 wks to arrive, cause it comes from New Zeland or somewhere. Also get help and support from helpher.org - it's totally devoted to mommas and families with HG.

Cadensmommy 08-08-2007 10:07 AM

Re: How many of you had/have hyperemesis?

I am!!! i only just got off of Zofran a few weeks ago at 24 weeks! it was awful this time!! this will be our last baby becouse of it! with my son it went away at about 15 weeks
HG sucks!!!!

Clarissa

Nissi 08-08-2007 10:16 AM

sorry to hear that momma! I just finished surviving my 2nd HG :yuck: pg in April. Recovery is slow but better this time that last time. Let me know if I can help with support, advice or anything else!:goodvibes:

abigail 08-08-2007 10:17 AM

Oh, I so had it bad with DD. My DS was bad but it didn't last as long; until about 18 weeks. This last pregnancy with DD it lasted until 24 weeks, I took Zofran that entire time. With DS I didn't know there was anything I could take so I suffered through becoming very dehydrated and I think the lack of food and water so often had something to do with my the preterm labor I had with him at 25 weeks. :dunno:

drenotdoctor 08-08-2007 10:26 AM

what's HG? :blush:

EmnJJsMom 08-08-2007 10:27 AM

I had HG with my first pregnancy and spent most of it in the hospital getting IV's and on zofran.

My second pregnancy I started getting it and I went on Dandelion Root Extract and it is MUCH safer and worked MUCH better.

Nissi 08-08-2007 10:34 AM

HG is an extreme form of nausea and vomitting during pregnancy. (See helpher.org) Here's an example of HG...My 1st pg I was hospitalized at wk 6 for three solid weeks cause I couldn't take even a sip of something without throwing it up. I lost over 20lbs by wk 10 and had to be on 28mg of zofran/day plus 2 liters of i.v. fluid/day to stay alive. And the zofran and i.v. fluids went in through a catheter they surgically inserted into my chest cause my veins in my arms were all too colapsed to support i.v.s and my legs and butt didn't have any more meat on them to 'poke' subcutaneously for meds, etc. It's EXTREME!!!

Apathy 08-08-2007 10:39 AM

I had HG for 4 of my 5 pregnancies and never got anything but reglan, even after I told them it didn't help. :headscratch: This last pg I had morning sickness til about 7 months but it was a far cry from HG thank goodness.

Mommy2JJ 08-08-2007 10:40 AM

I have mild hg....with my first son it was a lot worse in the beginning but after a couple ER visits I was given Zofran, which was/is my LIFESAVER. I had to take Zofran until the day I delivered him. This time it wasn't near as bad in the beginning...I also told my midwife of my first pregnancy and she gave me a script for Zofran right away. I am 28 weeks and I still have to take one in the morning or I am pukey all day. I am lucky thought that the Zofran works so well for me. I can't imagine going through it for 9 months with nothing that helped :hugs:

drenotdoctor 08-08-2007 11:30 AM

Oh, how sad! I never heard of it. :cry: even worse, my very close friend I'm *sure* had it when she was pregnant with her dd. Her doctor just said it was normal & her dh was calling her a hypochondriac. so sad! :hugs: to you mamas who have gone through this!