Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Using EBM in the kitchen?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20277)

mrsott 07-06-2006 08:27 PM

Using EBM in the kitchen??

The other day, I needed milk for a box of mac-n-cheese, and all I had was vanilla soy milk :yuck: So I used EBM instead... anyone ever done that before??

Bluemoon 07-06-2006 08:32 PM

Re: Using EBM in the kitchen??

no but I don't have a pump either. I think everyones first response is :yuck: but it is so not. Why is it nasty for people to eat people milk? We drink every other animals milk and say its ok. I think its fine and would do it but couldn't tell anyone else in the house I did :giggle:
Barbara

Lovely Momma 07-07-2006 10:28 AM

what a clever way to use it... like the pp said i wouldnt tell anyone i did it but what a great way to add in some good natural ingredients ;)

ajfowle 07-07-2006 12:46 PM

:-)

I haven't used it in the kitchen, but I did dump a container of frozen bm in dd's bath last week. She had a bad diaper rash. I painted some on her bum a few times throughout the day, and poured the rest in her bath that night. (The rash did go away, but I think the airing it out helped as much, if not more than, the bm.

Sarah 07-07-2006 01:32 PM

Is this totally gross,I've put it in coffee.? I have also put it on DD head and forehead for cradle cap and exzema

Sarah

mrsott 07-07-2006 01:55 PM

I have used it on just about everyone in the fam for skin and what not... but I thought why not? It is sweeter than cows milk/soymilk... but not a big taste diff I dont think

Sarah 07-07-2006 02:59 PM

Our 4 year old will drink it out of a cup. She's been weaned for over 3 years,but begs for BM

Ginamcf 07-07-2006 07:26 PM

Smoothies!! My sis was in bad shape in the hospital recovering from surgery and the hospital was feeding her crap! How is a person supposed to heal when there is nothing nourishing being fed to them? I made her a huge fresh fruit smoothie with 8 ounces of ebm as the liquid every day for several days in a row. She never knew it but I know it made a difference because once she started drinking them, her anemia went away and her blood count returned to normal. She also was relieved from her severe constipation. The hospital was "shocked" at her quick turn around. So sad that people are so disconnected and clueless.

vegmama 07-07-2006 08:30 PM

I've thought about using it, especially when I'm out of rice milk and want cereal. I guess it would taste just as good, but I'm probably not getting much out of drinking it, since my own body made it. I only have a hand pump that almost never gets used, but it is worth keeping in mind when my 3 year old wants cereal :) Not yucky at all. Drinking milk made for baby cows... now that's yucky!

mrsott 07-07-2006 09:08 PM

My husband wants a shirt that says cows milk is for baby cows... He is SO opposed to that.