Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   always get "evap" lines (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202778)

DiaperDiva 08-11-2007 01:52 PM

always get "evap" lines

No matter what brand test I use I always get faint lines when I test. I got them when I was pregnant with my daughter for almost a week before getting a dark enough line to believe I was pregnant.

Well, now im getting those lines again but I know im NOT pregnant because I was getting these lines before and after this past AF I just had. So whats the deal? Why I am getting these constant evap lines?

PS- they show up within the alotted time they are just really faint. Maybe I just have x-ray HPT vision.

(we are not trying, but kind of hoping... want to know whats going on since we want to start ttc in may or june next year... but may start as early as oct of this year.)

CrunchyMama0607 08-11-2007 02:12 PM

Re: always get "evap" lines

check out twoweekwait.com and look @ there evap. line HPT's, it might just be a +! :goodvibes:

http://www.twoweekwait.com/peesticks/

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-11-2007 02:54 PM

:yeahthat:

DiaperDiva 08-11-2007 06:53 PM

awe thanks for the positive thinking, but i just had my AF, like it ended 2 days ago, and i was just taking the test to see what a negative looks like on the new brand and im still getting the same lines i got before i got AF (which was a week late)

just frustrating not knowing one way or the other. but the lines arent getting any darker, so i know they are not + but dont know why i get this every time! maybe im looking too hard at the stick lol

mississippimommy 08-11-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earth_mama06 (Post 1579716)
check out twoweekwait.com and look @ there evap. line HPT's, it might just be a +! :goodvibes:

http://www.twoweekwait.com/peesticks/

Awesome site, exactly what I was looking for earlier. Thanks!

bohlander04 08-11-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiaperDiva (Post 1580873)
awe thanks for the positive thinking, but i just had my AF, like it ended 2 days ago, and i was just taking the test to see what a negative looks like on the new brand and im still getting the same lines i got before i got AF (which was a week late)

just frustrating not knowing one way or the other. but the lines arent getting any darker, so i know they are not + but dont know why i get this every time! maybe im looking too hard at the stick lol

Could you have had an AF and still be pg? I know it's not totally unheard of. Maybe if you have pics we can help. :giggle:

mama2six 08-11-2007 09:14 PM

I get the same thing lol. It sucks! In the 12 years that i've been getting pregnant (lol that sounds funny..........i've had 6 pregnancies in the past 12 years)....I had never ever got a single evap line until these past 2 months. Oh......maybe that's cuz I only got positives :headscratch: No not entirely true, pregnancy #5 took 8 months to conceive, tested every month, never got an evap.......maybe i just never stared at the test hard enough.

These past 2 months though I get tons of evaps. Any brand, and they even look convincing in photo's. But here I sit in agony dealing with a hurricane of an AF right now so I know they weren't positives.

I'm tired, hope i'm making some sense lol.........just want to say i'm with ya mama with the x-ray hpt vision.

Quixotic 08-12-2007 03:56 AM

You may always have a low level of hcg constantly in your urine. In AZ our tests dry pretty quickly and if it isnt pos the lines will show. Are your lines grey or colored?

DiaperDiva 08-12-2007 05:09 AM

its too hard to tell if they are colored or greyish since they are so faint. id post pictures but my flash would wash out the line, thats how i know its an evap, or whatever you want to call it lol. and it has stayed that way, not getting darker by the day like it should. like i said we arent really trying yet so im not upset, i just hope its not still like this when i am trying because that would be even more disheartening. I need to stop staring so hard at the tests. at first glance you dont really see the lines.

*Katherine* 08-12-2007 05:31 AM

I've never had an evap, so I don't know much about those and I've also had some pg tests not get darker as the days go on. Here's a good way to get a pic though. Turn on an overhead light, place test on the floor, stand over the test and zoom in until right before it gets blurry (and make sure your camera has the picture set for the largest picture to take), then take the pic. Once you upload the pic and view it in the largest setting, it should show up. That's the only way I have ever been able to get pics of HPT's!! Maybe you should get a digital also? Just to make sure?