Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202927)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-11-2007 07:16 PM

is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
we are banking nathan's cordblood and i was wondering if anyone else here was going to bank their own babies too:)

Jillybean 08-11-2007 07:20 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
No, I have always wanted to but its to stinkin expensive.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-11-2007 07:29 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
yeah, they charge alot but you can get deals on the site, like cordblood.com
i get newsletters form them to banknfor like 99$ or soemthing, BUT for us we're getting it banked for free for 4 years, we had to pay $150 for the courior to come and get the package the day the baby is born, but the rest of the fees and charges we don't need to pay for since dd was diagnosed with leukemia last year.(she is in remission right now:yay: 7 great months of remission!!) they will bank it for us for free for 4 full years, i think thats awesome! without this deal we wouldn't be able to bank it at all.

naturalbirthmama 08-11-2007 07:35 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
We prefer to let the cord stop pulsing before cutting it and to do cord blood banking you have to clamp immediately.

OwensMama 08-11-2007 07:35 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
When DS was born they asked if I wanted to donate it. The company that took it did it for free. They bank it and match it with other people as time goes on. If at some point, someone in my family would need it, and it is still available, it is our to take.

I thought that was neat since it was free, and it may help others, including us some day!

I don't remember the company name but I have the brochure they gave me somewhere.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-11-2007 07:39 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OwensMama (Post 1581046)
When DS was born they asked if I wanted to donate it. The company that took it did it for free. They bank it and match it with other people as time goes on. If at some point, someone in my family would need it, and it is still available, it is our to take.

I thought that was neat since it was free, and it may help others, including us some day!

I don't remember the company name but I have the brochure they gave me somewhere.

wow, thats pretty cool!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-11-2007 07:41 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by naturalbirthmama (Post 1581043)
We prefer to let the cord stop pulsing before cutting it and to do cord blood banking you have to clamp immediately.

what happens when it stops pulsing?
yeah i know it is important to get the blood out immediately. for us this is very imporatant in case dd relapses and gets sick again or one of the other kids ends up needing the blood, mostly i want it for dd and she will get first dibs at it:)

Hayley 08-11-2007 07:44 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox (Post 1581015)
yeah, they charge alot but you can get deals on the site, like cordblood.com
i get newsletters form them to banknfor like 99$ or soemthing, BUT for us we're getting it banked for free for 4 years, we had to pay $150 for the courior to come and get the package the day the baby is born, but the rest of the fees and charges we don't need to pay for since dd was diagnosed with leukemia last year.(she is in remission right now:yay: 7 great months of remission!!) they will bank it for us for free for 4 full years, i think thats awesome! without this deal we wouldn't be able to bank it at all.



That is awesome Sally!!!!!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-11-2007 07:50 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
:hugs: Thanks Hayley i know i am really happy we are able to have this done!!
if anyones child has a blood disease, you can get the blood banked for free, just need the oncology/hemotology dr to sign the papers from the company, its easy:)

MamaToBe84 08-11-2007 08:10 PM

Re: is anyone here banking their baby's cordblood?
 
I wanted to bank it, but its a little out of our budget. I think we will donate it so that hopefully someone can benefit from it :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors