Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Where to get nice casual maternity clothes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203379)

4boys1girlforme 08-12-2007 05:19 PM

Where to get nice casual maternity clothes?

I went shopping today and it seems all the maternity tops are sleeveless with the crossover chest look and they tie in the back:yuck: You can't even pull that look off until you are 8 months pg and even then- it is like- oh well- it's a little better than a hefty bag- right?
Where do all you mamas get your maternity clothes?

CrunchyMama0607 08-12-2007 05:22 PM

Re: Where to get nice casual maternity clothes?

I like that look :blush: Then again, i like to show off my belly as soon as it pops out :giggle: Check on Ebay for lots of mat. clothing, thrift shops, and I just buy normal sleeveless tops from walmart in a size bigger :thumbsup:

alexandme 08-12-2007 05:39 PM

The thing I have worn the most during this pregnancy is my regular shirts from Shade clothing
They make maternity shirts as well but honestly I have a bunch of the regular ones and the ones that were like a size up from my regular size I can still wear...and I am really big right now as well as having a long torso. The long torso thing makes it really hard for me to find shirts that are long enough period...much less maternity shirts that cover my belly all the way to the end of the pregnancy.
I love their shirts, they are simple and comfy and affordable.

bonniec_tn 08-13-2007 05:45 AM

I get alot of my stuff at Burlington Coat Factory. It is nice and reasonably priced!

Monzie 08-13-2007 10:10 AM

I bought pretty much all my maternity stuff at Target and Old Navy. Sadly, that's where I buy most of my non-maternity wardrobe too. :rolleyes: Yep. I'm cheap. I get tons of compliments on this sweater, though. Its waaay cuter in person than on that mannequin in the picture. And I'll probably wear it in the Fall even after the kiddo is here.

Now that I think about it I did get some really great, plain v-neck tshirts at BabiesRUs in their Motherhood Maternity department too. I really like 'em because they've got a bit of spandex so they'll stretch to cover my belly without getting all baggy like my Old Navy tee's.

flobee76 08-13-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monzie (Post 1587936)
I bought pretty much all my maternity stuff at Target and Old Navy. Sadly, that's where I buy most of my non-maternity wardrobe too. :rolleyes: Yep. I'm cheap.

This is the same for me too. My local Old Navy is not a Maternity carrier, but if someone returns a maternity item, the store immediately puts it on clearance, since they don't carry that item. Once a week, I would hit the clearance rack and see what they had. I never bought a maternity item for more than $10. :thumbsup:

I also hit Target as well. They have lots of nice maternity clothing, and you can always find something on sale there. I stocked up on "regular" clothes as well. They had some long tanks and t's that can still cover my 40+ wk belly.

I've only bought one thing from Motherhood and it was a dress that was on sale...

I don't like to spend too much $$ on clothes that I will only wear for 9 mos.

Thrice Blessed 08-13-2007 10:44 AM

Resale, Walmart, Target. What size do you need? I'm sure lots of mama's have some-I have some great stuff, but just never got around to listing it. You might want to start an ISO :goodvibes:

JnSAlger 08-13-2007 10:48 AM

I wear my tee-shirts with longer length tank tops underneath.