Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   headaches during pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204393)

bradleymama 08-14-2007 07:37 AM

headaches during pregnancy

Anyone else have problems with really bad headaches during pregnancy? I mean really painful, lasting 3 days or more, every week? I feel like I've tried everything to get some relief and nothing works, so I'm hoping someone has some new ideas for me to try :headscratch:

mother4JC 08-14-2007 07:42 AM

Re: headaches during pregnancy

Mine didn't last 3 days, it would start one day I would wake up with it the next and by that evening would be gone, but soooo painful. I don't usually have headaches, so it was really frustrating. I have never had them with my other 2 pregnancies either. I haven't had one in awhile, but was getting them every week. So I know your frustration. I would try to take Tylenol, but it didn't help. So I would just sleep, they went away at about 25 weeks. Hope you get to feeling better.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

october05mom 08-14-2007 09:29 AM

i had them for about 8 weeks or so and then linked them to the time of day i took my prenatals. if i took them at night i always woke up with a headache that would last pretty much all day. i didn't take them for two nights (had to get prescription refilled) and no headaches the next mornings. i started taking them during the day and no more headaches! i hope you get some relief. i had terrible migraines before getting PG and i now how bad headaches can be. tylenol never helped me either so i was so glad to figure out what the problem was.

starry_mama 08-14-2007 09:32 AM

I have gotten those too. I finally realized that they are usually triggered by me not drinking enough water, being overtired, and being HOT! 2 of the 3 are not in my control, but I have been trying to drink more water. Artificial lights seem to aggravate my headaches too, so maybe try making sure there is no tv, no computer, no LED of any kind, and no lights on? And softly close your eyes? That helped me some. HUGS mama. Headaches are the worst when pregnant!

jessicap 08-14-2007 09:41 AM

I know that my last pregnancy was a killer for headaches...I would go 2 weeks with a wicked migraine.

I found that drinking a bottle of gatorade, powerade, or something with electrolytes like that, I now use Sustain by Melaleuca because there is only 4 grams of sugar to a 16 oz serving, at the beginning of the headache that would curb it. During the headache it would help relieve it. Also the Wellpatch for Migraines worked AWESOME!!!!! I went to the pharmacy area at Walmart and found them there. I stuck one on drank a bottle of gatorade and closed my eyes, it was the first time in 2 weeks that I slept for more than 2 hours before waking up. It was fabulous!

munchkinflame13 08-14-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicap (Post 1593927)
I know that my last pregnancy was a killer for headaches...I would go 2 weeks with a wicked migraine.

I found that drinking a bottle of gatorade, powerade, or something with electrolytes like that, I now use Sustain by Melaleuca because there is only 4 grams of sugar to a 16 oz serving, at the beginning of the headache that would curb it. During the headache it would help relieve it. Also the Wellpatch for Migraines worked AWESOME!!!!! I went to the pharmacy area at Walmart and found them there. I stuck one on drank a bottle of gatorade and closed my eyes, it was the first time in 2 weeks that I slept for more than 2 hours before waking up. It was fabulous!

Wellpatches are my cure, too, but they don't have them at walmart here:cry: If they don't have them at your walmart, check Eckerd/Riteaid and CVS or other pharmacies. I would drink Gatorade and put a wellpatch on and it helped a lot especially if I was at work and couldn't sleep it off. :goodvibes:

bradleymama 08-14-2007 10:03 AM

Thanks for all your support and ideas! I've tried tylenol, sleeping, eating, etc, and nothing seems to provide relief other than just waiting for it to go away. I'm anxious to try the wellpatch...do I need to specifically get the migraine one or will anyone do? Do you just put it on your forehead?

munchkinflame13 08-14-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleymama (Post 1594063)
Thanks for all your support and ideas! I've tried tylenol, sleeping, eating, etc, and nothing seems to provide relief other than just waiting for it to go away. I'm anxious to try the wellpatch...do I need to specifically get the migraine one or will anyone do? Do you just put it on your forehead?

I think there are only 2 or 3 kinds of well patches. I have only tried the migraine one so that is the only one I can vouch for. I think they may have 2 -- one for 4 hour relief and 1 for 8 but I am not sure. Just look at the boxes and pick the one that sounds best for you. One side is sticky and you peel off the backing and can put it on your forehead or the back of your neck. I always put it on my forehead because it falls off the back of my neck faster than it falls off my forehead, probably because my neck has all those little hairs on it and my forehead doesn't. It feels cool on you forehead and smells a little mentholated and it is great! When you open it, there will be a pouch with 2 wellpatches in it. Don't forget to fold down the top of the pouch where you tear it open twice to preserve the second one. HTHs:goodvibes:

Mickiswing 08-14-2007 11:41 AM

I went about four weeks with really bad migraines and headaches and it was horrible. Tylenol did nothing and my CNM prescribed something that worked but made me a little too loopy to take care of my kids. I second the Wellpatches and Gatorade route. It really helped. I would also put a compress on the back of my neck at the same time and it did make a difference.

The good news is, it's pretty normal and in most cases will go away in about 4-6 weeks. I hope you feel better soon!

munchkinflame13 08-14-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickiswing (Post 1594716)
I went about four weeks with really bad migraines and headaches and it was horrible. Tylenol did nothing and my CNM prescribed something that worked but made me a little too loopy to take care of my kids. I second the Wellpatches and Gatorade route. It really helped. I would also put a compress on the back of my neck at the same time and it did make a difference.

The good news is, it's pretty normal and in most cases will go away in about 4-6 weeks. I hope you feel better soon!

I was hoping you would chime in since you tried them a couple weeks ago! I never thought about trying a compress on the back of the neck at the same time. I am assuming it was a cold compress? I am working on your turtle right now, btw. . . :goodvibes: