Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   stretch mark cream (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204527)

LuAnn 08-14-2007 10:58 AM

stretch mark cream

What do you use?
I was using a wahm made 1 that I got in a swap package, awhile ago, and ran out (dummy me did not think to check to see who made it, Im not sure if it was a well known wahm as I never heard of her or the cream before) than I grabbed some Palmers stretch mark cream from WalMart, (started breaking out from that around my belly button or atleast I thought it was that, still not sure) and than when that was gone, I just grabbed some coco butter lotion from the $ store and well Im completely broke out now, so I need something that will help with the stretch marks, BUT doesnt have alot of purfumes in.....
Thanks

Goddess_Heather 08-14-2007 11:20 AM

Re: stretch mark cream

I use the one from Northen Essence. Its so smooth... smells good too not too perfumey.

heidisue 08-14-2007 11:24 AM

I use Tummy Honey :)

dirtdartwife 08-14-2007 11:28 AM

straight up, all natural Shea Butter. You can find it at Bath and Body Works and/or other natural stores. I got a HUGE tub for $7 at this store here and there are NO perfumes or anything added to it. It's just straight shea butter.

I will say that it's almost like working with stiff butter (the stuff you cook with). It has to be "worked" in your palms before you can apply it because it's just really thick. But it works like a charm. I'm on my fourth pregnancy and this is the second pregnancy I've had that I've used it consistently and I have no new stretch marks (my second child gave me a few).

And the good part is that with all natural shea butter, is that if you have existing stretch marks, it'll help to soften the color of them, it lessons the colors of blemishes too, etc.

mother4JC 08-14-2007 11:33 AM

There are a few different products from Arbonne that can be used. Here is what I got from their site about what you can use.

Arbonne Intelligence Rejuvenating Cream helps by adding extra moisture to skin with stretch marks; additionally, Arbonne Intelligence Skin Conditioning Oil and NutriMinC® RE9 Body Lotion can also be beneficial. For exfoliating, use NutriMinC® RE9 Body Serum to slough off dead skin cells and add valuable vitamins and minerals to the skin (vitamin C, vitamin A, etc). By adding these benefits to your regimen, it may be possible to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.

lovencloth 08-14-2007 11:40 AM

my favorite (I don't know if they carry it anymore) because it worked the best was a belly balm from Motherhood Maternity. I second the straight shea butter, though, that stuff is amazing.

LuAnn 08-14-2007 11:42 AM

tHANKS, the straight up shea butter will probably be best (fastest to get,lol) as I need it NOW

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-14-2007 10:12 PM

i use suave advanced healing cream on my belly, not so much for stretchmarks, i am lucky i dont get them on ym belly but because ym belly itches like CRAZY! it has shae butte rin it and feels so smooth. its not straight shea butter though:goodvibes: i would go with what the others have suggested:thumbsup:

Hopper Graphics 08-14-2007 10:16 PM

I use the burt's bees mama bee tummy butter stuff. It smells AWESOME, and it feels soooo good. I didn't use anything until 7 months (I really don't like the feel of lotions and such), so I already had some dark stretch marks. However, since then they have already faded and I'm still growing! :)

itsymama 08-14-2007 10:22 PM

Eh I already got some and figure it's just my skin is prone to them so I am not even gonna worry about it this time lol . Hope you get something you like .