Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone else have a skinny LO? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204600)

kalebnlillismomma 08-14-2007 12:12 PM

Anyone else have a skinny LO?

DD 13 months and is in 6-9 months clothes. We need the big fluff to hold her pants up:mrgreen: I don't know how many times a day I will get a comment about how tiny she is.:banghead: I'm tired of smiling nicely and say yes she is a little one. OK ranting over:giggle:

3rockstars 08-14-2007 12:16 PM

Re: Anyone else have a skinny LO?

yep, i've got two. my older daughter is 7 years old and a normal height for her age(50th%ile) but weighs just 42lbs and that's 4lbs more than she weighed 6 months ago. So that's a huge improvement. My younger daughter is 31 months and she's in the 15th %ile for height and weight(i forget the numbers). Everyone is constantly saying how little she is. Well people, she started off at a nice 4 1/2lbs. What do you expect??????

It's so frustrating. I know. But think of it this way. . .. . . .they get 2 years out of most clothing instead of just one or less, they are lighter to carry around, and they fit on your lap to snuggle longer!:thumbsup:

jls~Kain~Drake 08-14-2007 12:18 PM

I have a chunky one (he's thinning out now, but he used to be super chunky) and a skinny thing. I get comments about how small he is and dh calls him a midget...but he's actually tall for his age. He'll be 2 on the 22nd and he's got a pair of 6-9mo shorts that fit :)

Bot Girl 08-14-2007 12:20 PM

:rofl: My DD's 16 months and still wearing 9 month clothes!!! HAHAHAHA.

She's tall, though, but skinny.

JnSAlger 08-14-2007 12:43 PM

I have 3 skinny little girls that eat me out of house and home. my girls aren't tiny though. They are TALL!!! I'm 6'1'' DH is 6'5'' we didn't expect anything less. My 3 year old is still wearing her 12 monhs shorts this summer and my 4.5 year old is wearing the 2T ones. In Jeans my 3 yo wears 4 slim and my 4 year old wears 5 slim. My 5 year old wears 7 slim (they are about an inch too long but the 6 regulars are too short...I can't win!).

madmax 08-14-2007 12:46 PM

I've got a skinny 3 year old. She will be 4 in december and she still wears some 18 month clothing. She weighs 27 pounds. She's also short for her age (30%). It is quite funny because everything I buy for my 1 year old. my oldest can fit into it too. She's fine and the doctors aren't concerned. :thumbsup:

OrganicMom 08-14-2007 12:50 PM

My 3 year old is tall and slim (27 lbs). She was chunky up until she started walking so her waist size hasn't gotten much bigger at all since she was 1. In fact, she has a couple pairs of cute shorts that she's on her 3rd summer of wearing.

My 4 month old daughter is chunky, but I noticed that she's even starting to slim out already just from all the rolling around.

Funny thing... my 4 month old's waist is just an inch smaller than my 3 year old's.

flobee76 08-14-2007 01:01 PM

My DD is 3 and is quite slender (thanks to DH!). She only weighs about 27 lbs. and can fit into her 18 mos. shorts! LOL... She is average height, but does have to wear 3T's w/adjustable waists.

katiejack 08-14-2007 01:12 PM

Yep! Andy will be 3 next month and 18 mo. shorts fit him perfectly! 2T/24 mo. shorts fall down on him (and this is without the cloth diaper butt because he wears underwear during the day). To make it even more funny he is really long-waisted just like his daddy - he wears a 3T - mostly 4T top and 18 mo. bottoms with a size 9 shoe! He is tall for his age - 78%, but just really skinny - in the 20%'s for his weight.

1blessedmama 08-14-2007 01:24 PM

DD is almost 18 months and she still wears a lot of 9-12 month stuff. She's very lean...she weighs about 20-21 lbs but looks a lot smaller, because she's all muscle. We constantly get the tiny comments, but randomly we'll get comments like, "She's only 18 months? She's big for her age!" or something like that. Cracks me up! LOL