Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Music in the delivery room? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205533)

curlie 08-15-2007 03:13 PM

Music in the delivery room?

Did you have music during your delivery?

What did you choose? :)

Shyla 08-15-2007 03:17 PM

Re: Music in the delivery room?

We had a bunch of my favorite cds in the delivery room. Of course I kept wanting the one song we didnt happen to have with us :giggle: It really helped me focus.

tlj 08-15-2007 03:23 PM

Now that I've had three, I'd say no. I like it pretty quiet. Although, during my second birth, my husband was watching a ball game (not exactly quiet) when the midwife said it would be a couple more pushes--he thought she was kidding and continued to watch TV--DD was born after 4 pushes total!
(DS1 was 17 hours of labor followed by 3 hours of pushing).
DS2 (baby three) didn't take long either, but during labor I asked everyone to be somewhat quiet. The lights were turned down and everyone was pretty calm. I think the momma really sets the mood for the rest.

nmledford 08-15-2007 03:24 PM

I took a mp3 player with me but I didn't use it. I went into labor at 11:30 at night so I tried to sleep some.

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 08-15-2007 03:24 PM

I voted no, but only because i didnt have an ipod when i had ds, but if i had another little one, i would take it then:)

itsymama 08-15-2007 03:29 PM

Well I didn't with my first and am not sure if I will this time or not , I know that there were times there that it was very quiet and it seemed good for those very painful contractions so I may take some just to try but I may not end up using it , I donno .

AprilluvsCali 08-15-2007 03:30 PM

Until the contraction got intense- then i thik they turned t off. But when we were still having fun we listened to Salt N Pepa "Push it!" :laugh:
I wanted to listen to Belle & Sebastian, to stay calm and positive.

3rockstars 08-15-2007 03:48 PM

bob marley the first time. and dave matthews band the second time. probably going to go with dave matthews again the third!

skullmonkey 08-15-2007 03:53 PM

I listened to U2 and Cat Stevens, but company made it pretty much worthless. It wasn't on or thought of near the end and during pushing though.
I will probably take music again this time, something relaxing, maybe classical-def Cat Stevens!

rwooley 08-15-2007 03:58 PM

I used Josh Grobin... it worked great until I hit transition then it just made me mad, I had to have DH turn it off!! Good Luck!:goodvibes: