Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   darn, i just cant stay out of ER.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205854)

Birdof1985 08-16-2007 03:26 AM

darn, i just cant stay out of ER....
 
I thought this pregnancy would be different, no ER trips... yeah i was wrong. Ill update in the later hours after some sleep.

jen

UPDATE:

i decided to update now because i am so furious i cant sleep.

In the past i have had placenta issues. Apruption, previa. etc. The past 2 days i have had a pain and it wont go away. So i thought ill go to ER just to be safe. Dont need any bleeding or anything to start. So, i had the choice between 2 hospitals, 1 i have been to but its farther away or 1 close but i had never been there. I chose the closer one. BIG MISTAKE.

I went, got to triage. They did urine sample, they checked Blood pressure 96/60<--- yeah thats low. Checked temp 98.8, hooked me up to monitors: babys HB stayed around 147. accordin to their machine i was not having uterine contractions. So she asked me about my BP and said shed give me 10 minutes but she didnt feel it was anything major and shed call the OB and then come back. So i waited and she came back, said her and OB didnt feel it was anymore than "ligament pains" and no reason to be alarmed or wake the OB on call. So a OB NEVER checked me, she NEVER checked me. i expressed to her the only reason i came was because i wanted to rule out a possible placenta problem. She told me since i didnt have a sharp pain or bleeding-- it most likely was not an abruption (which i hate to break her heart but i didnt have a sharp pain or anything before my abruption) and she said if it was previa theres nothing they can do. So she discharged me and said to call the OB if i wanted.

I am beyond PO'd! i cant believe it. I KNOW if i had gone to the other hospital they would of checked me "just to be sure" my OB or a OB on call. Yes i know it really could be ligament pains and i know it could be nothing, but due to my past-- im not ruling anything out. So in light of this, i will be calling the OB tomorrow and i will have him check me or i will get a new OB. I also know i will NOT be having my baby at the hospital i went to tonight.

I paid a $75 emergency room co-pay to have them not even check me and say "its just ligament pains"... why gee thank you.

so if you pray, pray i dont strangle the doctor when i see him (no i really wouldnt, but i sure would yell) and pray that everything continues to be ok.

Jen

zosiasmama 08-16-2007 03:53 AM

Re: darn, i just cant stay out of ER....
 
I will pray for you mama! Danni

mumof3 08-16-2007 09:20 AM

Re: darn, i just cant stay out of ER....
 
Mama i hope everything works out and cant say i dont blame you for running to the er i woulld have too. since i have alot of preterm labor i know how you feel about wanting to just make sure all is well.:hugs: :hugs:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-16-2007 08:35 PM

Re: darn, i just cant stay out of ER....
 
:hugs: wow, they didn't even check to eb on the safe side?:eek: i am so sorry, i hope your dr does better by you when you talk to him and go bee seen:hugs:
sending you prayers that all is ok:pray:

Birdof1985 08-16-2007 09:19 PM

Re: darn, i just cant stay out of ER....
 
nope, no check. the triage nurse didnt check me, she didnt even send an on call doc or my doc to check me. she called my doc and my "ligament pains" dont need to be checked.... :banghead: yeah well i hope these are ligament pains because if not im going to be super angry. My doula, i emailed her and asked and she said that a check couldnt of really told them if i had a placenta issue... so she pretty much agreed with the nurse and OB.... the doula also told me to look up signs of placenta abruption and previa. Well i did (as if ya know ive never had either before, *rolls eyes*) and theres nothing that says you have to have XYZ to have either one. i called my mom today and told her and she agreed that shed be angry too and NOT to go back to that hospital. i didnt call the OB today... i am going to wait til my appt-- only a few more days and then im going to complain to my hearts content.LOL.

Yes mr ob- so howd that placenta look at the big u/s?
so about that ER trip, why wasnt i checked due to my history?
so when can i have another u/s?
oh yes and Mr.OB i will not be doing your glucose test you think im doing today and i will not be delivering at Mercy fairfield.

LOL


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors