Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Post you POSITIVE c-section stories please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205972)

1boy1girl1bitty2 08-16-2007 09:18 AM

Post you POSITIVE c-section stories please

First off if you are going to be rude and judegmental don't bother posting! i want to hear your positive c-section stories. at the moment my baby is breech and c-section is becoming a very real possibility for this birth. i have had to completely natural unmedicated hospital births so c-section kinda scares me. but at the same time it's the safest option if this baby doesn't turn. which it's tried but is unsuccessful. it just frustrates the baby and hurts me. so put my mind at ease. tell me i won't die on the table! lol i've never had any kind of surgury so i have no idea what even is involved!

togg_mama 08-16-2007 09:29 AM

Re: Post you POSITIVE c-section stories please

Well, I had a emergency c/s with my first and it allowed me to have eight months with her. (If we'd kept on the "natural way" she would have been stillborn.) If that's not positive, I don't know what is!

:hugs: I'm sorry you have to have a c/s, but I'm so excited we have the technology to do what's needed!

GrowingUpMad 08-16-2007 09:29 AM

I have not had a c section so no story to tell you. Hopwever Lilly was breech and csection was a high possibility too. The doc decided to induce me and manually turn her down, wasn't sure if it'd work but that way they could be in control and get me into surgery if needed. Anyway, induced me, broke my water, flipped her downa dn gave birth ~ all within 3 hours and 15 minutes. I would've done what was best for my baby and if c section was it then so be it, thankfully she turned fine and stayed down. Maybe discuss that with your doc.

sprout18 08-16-2007 09:32 AM

I've had 3 csections and they haven't been that bad. I'll admit that I was scared everytime I had a csection but hey its major surgery your going to be scared. Luckily I've had great drug doctors (don't want to spell that long word) and my husband has been there to keep me reassured that everything is well. I have never felt anything at all during the surgery..not even pushing and pulling. Not sure why maybe my body is just not use to the drugs so it goes completely numb but my sister said she felt the pushing and pulling trying to get the baby out. I have a pretty high pain tolerance (I guess from having an older brother and being a tomboy playing with boys) so the recovery wasn't so bad. I was up walking around as soon as they took the cathiter (sp?) out which was generally as soon as I could feel my legs again and they could function. I was only in the hospital 3 days (including day of delivery) for each of them and maybe took 1 or 2 pain pills when I got home, thats it. The baby was brought to me as soon as I was in my room (they don't have recovery rooms here its all in one room) so that was right after I was stiched or stapled up and the baby stayed with me the whole time. I could bf right away when I got in my room.

The main thing to remember is that you just had surgery and to
1. try to get up and walk around as soon as possible
2. while you should walk around a little each day don't do anything else
3. have someone at home that can do laundry, help take care of your other children, make dinner, ect.
4. focus on recovery and your new baby - don't do too much too soon.

If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me. HTH.

susnrob 08-16-2007 09:34 AM

I had a c-section in to deliver my twin boys. I was in Korea at the time and in a Korean hospital. The military hospital couldn't do it because they were preemies. Anyway, it wasn't my ideal birth plan, but they're now 19 months old and healthy! I was scared too, but DH was by my side the whole time.

Love4leon 08-16-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by togg_mama (Post 1606164)
Well, I had a emergency c/s with my first and it allowed me to have eight months with her. (If we'd kept on the "natural way" she would have been stillborn.) If that's not positive, I don't know what is!

:hugs: I'm sorry you have to have a c/s, but I'm so excited we have the technology to do what's needed!

My experience and thoughts exactly! Thank goodness for c-sections! My daughter wouldn't be here if it weren't for our c-section.

Kristie 08-16-2007 09:58 AM

I planned on a homebirth with my second DS and all did not go as planned. He was almost a month late and was almost out of amniotic fluid. When they told me I'd have to have a c-section I was devistated. I cried like a baby. But ya know what, nothing mattered when I saw my son for the first time. He was healthy and that's all that mattered to me. (C-section babies are also better looking at first! No being squised. lol)

togg_mama 08-16-2007 10:04 AM

The only thing I'd suggest is that you make them let you have DH there for numbing you up. That was the only negative part of my experience. DH was in the hall and they wanted me to sit on the side of the bed to be numbed but no one was able to help me. They kept telling me to lean farther forward. Yea, and I'll fall off the bed. Finally one of the orderlies took mercy on me and supported my shoulders. That made life easier.

png_lovebirds 08-16-2007 10:05 AM

I had an elective Csection at 38 weeks. My first DS was born via Csection b/c he didn't fit...which is the reason for the repeat.

So, at 38 weeks I went in! I had to be there at 6:30am. As soon as I got there they did my IV. They asked me if I wanted my catheter in then or wanted to wait until I had my Epidural! OF COURSE I said when I had the Epidural!! LOL Then they gave me this plastic thing filled with an antacid....it was the sz of those little creamer things that you find in gas stations...so small....BUT SO horrible!! LOL! I couldn't even finish it!! The nurses just laughed at me!

So, then I walked into the OR. They had me sit on the table and they got the Epidural started. It only hurt a little as the numbing meds went in. It took about 5 minutes and then they laid me down and DH came in. They got started....and about 15 minutes later, my LITTLE DS was born! After they were done sewing me I was wheeled into my room. They let me hold my DS and nurse him. When I was done, they took him to take his vitals, give him a bath and such. I started to feel sick at that pt so they gave me a Phernigan shot in my butt.....which was still numb! The numbness lasted a lot of the day and just gradually wore off! I was happy to be numb.

So, I had asked the nurses to bring the baby when he was hungry...and they did.

The next morning they took out my catheter and changed my bed. I got up and took a shower. I had NO pain! It was wonderful!! I stayed up and walked around for about an hour! Remember this is only 24 hours after the surgery! So my Doc came in around 12 and I told him that I been up and about and had gone #2....which he was happy about!! LOL! I asked him if I could leave and he said "yes" since I was going so well!

SO, I left the hospital 36 hours after the surgery!! It was a PERFECT experience!! They gave me Hydrocodone and I took it every 3 hours consistanly for 2 days. I never had any pain during then or after I came off!

It was the PERFECT experience!!! I very much enjoyed it!!!!

Hayley 08-16-2007 10:12 AM

I suggest eating fresh pineapple it helps in the recovery :)