Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Just bought my first wool cover...what do I use it with? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20612)

mamalotus 07-08-2006 01:08 AM

Just bought my first wool cover...what do I use it with?

We're venturing out of pocket dipe territory (FB) and just bought our first wool cover...a Loveybums with applique. (It was too cute, couldn't resist and a great price!) But, I have NO idea :headscratch: what to use under it. I'm thinking prefolds? :confused: maybe a fitted?
Help me please, the easier it is to use...the better. That way DH will use it too. He's partial to FB's cuz they're EASY :giggle:
Also, what kind of care do I need to take with the LB cover? How often to re-lanolize, wash, etc.
Basically just tell me how to use this darn thing before I get it and ruin it :blush:
Thanks,
SAM

mama23boys 07-08-2006 01:18 AM

Re: Just bought my first wool cover...what do I use it with?

welcome to wool once you see how easy it is to use you are going to get of the pockets expect for a few of them:D
\
i use pfs and fitteds under all my wool...some moms even use it OVER the FBs :headscratch: not sure why but to me it seems silly.

hand wash in warm to cool water with either wool wash or a wool bar when it smells like pee or when poop gets on it and i lanolize after EVERY wash some do it when the cover starts leaking or feels really damp...

air dry DO NOT put in the dryer or else you wont have a cover that fits!!

mama23boys 07-08-2006 01:22 AM

oooo

you can get wool products at either www.northenessence.com or www.ignitethesenses.com

negrapy 07-08-2006 08:40 AM

I like prefolds
I fitteds
prefolds are trimmer :hugegrin:
welcome to the world of wool !!!!!

if your breastfed and have the lanolin cream you can use that with a little baby shampoo to lanolize and wash it! Super cheap and easy if you have it on hand

Teresa 07-08-2006 09:26 AM

I'm glad you posted this message because I just ordered my first wool cover, and I think I'll get it today. The wool wash I ordered to go with it has lanolin in it. So I think it washes and lanolizes all in one. Is this true?

aimeemarie 07-08-2006 09:56 AM

From what I understand you still have to lanolize every once in a while. Most of the soap does have lanolin I think. (I'm new at wool too, currently knitting a soaker.)

We've got fitteds I can use, but I have 6 ipfs and snappi coming.