Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help me with a name!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206244)

munchkinflame13 08-16-2007 02:38 PM

Help me with a name!!!

I will be 36 weeks tomorrow and still haven't completely decided on a name for my LO. I have a bunch of options I am toying with. My preferences: I don't want a "trendy" name (a name that lots of other girls her age will have when she goes to school) or a "unisex" name (one that can be a girl's or a boy's). I want a unique girly name. Please feel free to give me any ideas you might have if you don't like my options.

ETA I don't really like Sydney anymore because I think it is GN name (please feel free to argue with me if you don't agree) and I don't really like Cassandra because it means "entangler of men" or something like that. . .

jessicanashville 08-16-2007 02:44 PM

Re: Help me with a name!!!

I love Evelyn! It is beautiful and even though it is old fashioned I pictured someone beautiful and powerful. :goodvibes:

*SweetPea83* 08-16-2007 02:54 PM

OHH, I think Evelyn Joy is just absolutely adorable!! It's a little old fashioned, and still very unique!

EmnJJsMom 08-16-2007 02:55 PM

My advice is to keep the list on you, not stress out about it, and when she's born, pick the name that seems the most fitting to her. I had about 10 names listed and when my dd was born I just *knew* what her name was.

mommasgonequilting 08-16-2007 03:04 PM

I had a friend who when their DD was born had a few names picked out. The first one they called her she cried at but when they tried the second name she calmed down and that became her name.

pingumel 08-16-2007 03:23 PM

evelyn is a great name! not a big fan of mackayla because she'll be spelling it out for the rest of her life.

starry_mama 08-16-2007 03:25 PM

I picked Mackayla, but I was skimming I guess and totally missed Evelyn! I love Evelyn!

jesshb 08-16-2007 03:26 PM

I picked Evelyn Joy.

How about Anya Joy (I think Anya means grace so Grace and Joy...two things you experience with childbirth)

Nickname could be Ani (like Ani DeFranco)

Ima_to_6 08-16-2007 04:13 PM

I like Gabriella Faith best, and then Karena Joy.

Good luck with your decision.

JnSAlger 08-16-2007 06:56 PM

Mackayla of any variation is way too popular for me. karena is actually a name we had picked out if DS was going to be a girl... We would have spelt it a little differently though. It is an Italian term of endearment and I am Italian so it is all me! I also hate popular names and DH picked DD#2's name. BLEH! She just started school today and there are 2 other Addisons, Adelin and Adeline...all go by Addie. I hate it!