Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Buying maternity clothes off Ebay (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206610)

ChoiceSoaps 08-17-2007 05:58 AM

Buying maternity clothes off Ebay

Have you done it? There seem to be some great deals. Just wondering whether you've had a great experience or still regretting it.

Deb60604 08-17-2007 06:47 AM

Re: Buying maternity clothes off Ebay

I did and was very happy with what I got. And now that I'm done with them, I'm going to post them on there to sell them. I think you get the best deals if you buy in a lot--just make sure you get good pictures of everything you are buying. :goodvibes:

alexandme 08-17-2007 06:50 AM

I got a few things the last time I was pregnant, I needed something dressy for a wedding. I think it's the same as anything on ebay, as long as the person has good feedback it's usually pretty safe.

tiredmommyof8 08-17-2007 07:56 AM

I have bought and sold maternity clothes on eBay. I had only one bad experience there with a nitwit saying an item was in excellent condition but when it arrived the entire tummy area on the jeans was worn out. She refused to answer my emails and then when I left her negative feedback she lied and said I never answered her and left me negative feedback. Nasty lying bit$@$%&&! OOPS sorry to vent. Just make sure they have excellent feedback before buying from them.

Malka 08-17-2007 08:11 AM

I bought a maternity dress on ebay that I loved and wore for two pregnancies. I bought a second dress on ebay my last pregnancy, and it was okay. I am not sure if I would have bought it if I had tried it on before buying because it was very large and made me look very large. I had a hard time finding anything I liked in stores, so ebay was a good option. I did find that since I am picky, I spent a lot of time sifting through listings to find anything I liked. Both times I didn't have any issues with the sellers, but I have had issues with sellers on ebay for other items, and always check their feedback.

bradleymama 08-17-2007 08:20 AM

I've bought all of my summer maternity 2nd hand, and a lot of it on here. I've gotten some REALLY awesome deals, but unfortunately there have been some things that haven't fit. Of course I can always try to sell those items, but it was nice going to the consignment stores and trying things on to make sure they fit before I spent my money. Good luck :thumbsup:

Weezy6703 08-17-2007 08:24 AM

My MIL bought a huge box of maternity clothes off ebay for me when I was pregnant....it was great. Alot of them were still new with tags and I think she only paid 30 something dollars for it. Just a few of the pieces would have been worth that.

Pea_inthepod 08-17-2007 09:31 AM

I did...and it would have been fine but it ended up not fitting me. Of course that wasnt THEIR fault, I just assumed what size I needed and I wasnt used to the brand and ended up being wayyyyyyyy too big. So now I dont buy it unless i can try it on :P things just fit me weird:lostit:

togg_mama 08-17-2007 09:36 AM

I bought almost my entire maternity wardrobe on e-bay. Just make sure you get READ the feedback (as in read the comments to make sure they are good people), get pics, and check the measurements. I have been very happy with everything I got. I also got to use it for two pregnancies since both of my girls were born in February.

beachmamatoboys 08-17-2007 10:00 AM

I've sold a few maternity things on ebay. Everything I've sold has been in such great shape that I felt bad having it just sit around! One dress I sold I had only worn twice!

I've also seen a lot of things NWT at great prices. Like Adrienne said, just check the feedback!