Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Did I tell you all I'm teaching CDing in Chicago?.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823)

veganmamma 07-08-2006 10:24 PM

Did I tell you all I'm teaching CDing in Chicago?....

Yes, I am a Cloth Diapering Consultant and running two free classes a month at Be By Baby in Chicago. It is a new retail store and just opened in June. The web site is just a one page and not up yet, but you can see the pretty logo that one of the owners designed.

I am paid to run the class by the store, but the public can take it for free. They do sell diapers so afterwards if someone is ready they can buy, but they don't have to. On my handout I give so much information even how to wash, links to Diaper swappers and the Pin, links to how to fold, and to a Diaper service. The owners are just that dedicated to people cloth diapering they don't care if people buy from them (although I'm sure they want them to), they just want them to CD their babies.

I taught my first class in June to the staff who were in training. One staff member is currently cloth diapering and it was fun to have her give opinions and support to what I was teaching.

The first free classes to the public are this month. PM me for dates and times. One is a weekday night and the other is a weekend day. I am hoping for a good turnout. The class is capped at 10 (plus SOs)

If you live in Chicago or the Chicago area and are new to CD please feel free to sign up. Or if you know someone that might want to start CD please tell them about this store.

The CD prices are very fair (so the owners have assured me, competetive) And it is the ONLY CD retail store in Chicago. What is cool is that you don't have to pay shipping and you can touch and feel the diapers first. And in My class I have big dolls that I cloth diaper and that I pass around for people to get to try too.

Spread the word and if you live near please stop by and support them! Both the owners are CD mamas!

Be By Baby
1654 W Roscoe St
Chicago, IL 60657

tel # (773) 404-Baby

Oh yeah, they also have free sling classes too!!!

rlharp5375 07-08-2006 10:28 PM

Re: Did I tell you all I'm teaching CDing in Chicago?....

That is so awesome! I wish we had something like that here.

bsydprmkn 07-08-2006 11:07 PM

how awesome is that!!!!!!!!!! makes business for me good too! snicker.

Fither 07-08-2006 11:25 PM

hello! my family normally lives in chicago, but we are on a few year hiatus while my DH and i get our masters degrees.:cry: even though i'm already cloth diapering, if i were in chicago i would come to your class! that sounds like a rockin good time to me!

i don't have any friends in the city who have started having babies yet, but i'm sooo excited that i'll have a store to direct them to when they do start. and that i'll be able to shop at a brick and mortar store when we get back to the city. by the time baby #2 comes along, we should be back HOME!

a big thanks to you and the owners for promoting cloth diapering! :thumbsup:

tillers72 07-09-2006 05:36 AM

That sounds so wonderful! We are overseas right now but I wish I could go to a store like that! I'm very thankful for all you mamas though who have been soooo very supportive! I was actually thinking of doing a store like that when we get back to the states...we will be living down by springfield, il...good luck and have a wonderful time!

sprout18 07-09-2006 06:42 AM

I so was thinking of making a store like this in my area - I live in Maryland. I was going to open a store that was totally AP - cloth diapers, breastfeeding supplies, slings - etc. it is such a good idea. Let us know how it goes!
Ericka

Laniemel 07-09-2006 06:51 AM

It would be great if more places could have those classes. Before I started, I thought that it was still just prefolds and pins. (Nothing against them) I saw a mommy on another board, not a cd board, and she was talking about aio's and put some pics up. That's what got me started. Information is power, and I bet a lot of parents would cd if they knew how easy it is now.

veganmamma 07-09-2006 08:14 PM

I hope once people see them in person all the negative preconceived ideas of CD will be gone and they will be as addicted to how much fun it can be to CD a baby! Then when they hear the environmental facts and health risks they will be on board. I am really excited to contine converting people. I need to start a book and have those I have converted write a page in it. That way it will keep growing and new people can read it. I have converted quite a few Mamas! Unfortunately there have been many more Mamas that have said they could NeVeR do it, and are amazed I can.... UGH!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laniemel
It would be great if more places could have those classes. Before I started, I thought that it was still just prefolds and pins. (Nothing against them) I saw a mommy on another board, not a cd board, and she was talking about aio's and put some pics up. That's what got me started. Information is power, and I bet a lot of parents would cd if they knew how easy it is now.

gr33nie 07-09-2006 08:28 PM

I can't wait to go. Will you give me the times/dates of your classes? I don't want to take up a space in the class because I'm not a newbie but if there was a class that you wanted a better turn out for maybe I could go.

so do you know 'grantsmamma' ?

because she posted about the new store too! (and I was thinking that it was you that posted:blush: )

Make sure to post about it on the pin too!

Sarah

Mommy2Luke 07-09-2006 08:40 PM

That's awesome! I have a friend who isn't pregnant or a mommy yet, but when I mentioned I was CDing, she was interested. She lives in Chicago. I am going to copy your stuff and send it her way! How cool! I'm about 1 1/2 hours away. Think that's too long of a drive to come and just watch? LOL